Ruskins Bar, Tudor Square

A shame it closed but I'm really pleased it's going to make more of being a theatre pub/bar/place to eat. I always felt (as I think I put earlier in the thread) that it was missing a trick, beyond just lacking atmosphere and charging London prices.

I'm probably getting my hopes up but I really hope the whole square there will be good when it's finally finished.

Convienient for the theatre who's works contributed to it closing, that they can now snap up a closed business on their doorstep! That will surely benefit when the theatre area is fully reopened!

Surely it's not the Crucible's refurbishments but the council's delayed re-development of the square that really had the biggest effect in Ruskins' closure?

A sad day indeed.....I worry about the future of Sheffield city Centre, its rapidly going to dogs.

I hear that this place is going to be a part of the Crucible Theatre and will be re-opened as its bar or something.

I liked Ruskins, had a couple of very nice evenings in there pre/post the theatre. Hope it does reopen whether owned by the theatres or not.

I liked Ruskins, had a couple of very nice evenings in there pre/post the theatre. Hope it does reopen whether owned by the theatres or not.

Now I've found out that the new Ruskin Bar will be re-opened as

'Crucible Corner'

as part of the Crucible Theatre, open through the day for drinks and lunches and pre-theatre dinners.

Unfortunatley this is true, a lot of staff have been made redundant aswell as the loss of a decent indepent pub in Sheffield. I know for a fact that the council dont really care though and have not offered any help or compensation.

Hmmm... and still the staff of Ruskins are waiting for there redundancy pay etc. G.G.F. Mr Scott!

Lets just say it doesn't stand for Gordan the Gopher Fanclub :roll: