Stabbing on Fargate

The opinions in this thread without any justification show how thick most people are in this city and this country. Its sad everyone is entitled to their "opinion," when they base it on little fact and use it to push their own prejudices.

Hypocrite!

Has anyone actually got any facts on this incident instead of having a popularity contest?

The opinions in this thread without any justification show how thick most people are in this city and this country. Its sad everyone is entitled to their "opinion," when they base it on little fact and use it to push their own prejudices.

You have quite a high opinion of your own intelligence don't you? Word of advice: don't. You sound like a pompous windbag.

Has anyone actually got any facts on this incident instead of having a popularity contest?

According to the Star there was a fight in MacDonalds. A teenager was stabbed twice and ran from MacDonalds to HSBC bleeding. His friends tried to put him in a cab but the cab driver wouldn't let him in because he was bleeding badly. Passers by had called an ambulance, the ambulance turned up and took him to the Northern General. He was apparently very ill but improved over night and is now out of danger.

According to the Star there was a fight in MacDonalds. A teenager was stabbed twice and ran from MacDonalds to HSBC bleeding. His friends tried to put him in a cab but the cab driver wouldn't let him in because he was bleeding badly. Passers by had called an ambulance, the ambulance turned up and took him to the Northern General. He was apparently very ill but improved over night and is now out of danger.

Cheers for that.

Having been away for the weekend at a music festival in the countryside which went really well with friendly people and a great atmosphere etc, I find it a little discomforting to see that something like this has happened again in Sheffield.

These things unfortunately seem to be happening a little too much at the minute and I don't know if it's something thats gone on for years and years but is just far more publicised now but I really don't like it at all, and it's really putting me off the place where I call home, I really don't consider Sheffield to be a safe place any more and I am pretty scared when around and about these days because I only seem to notice the dodgy looking characters these days and constantly feel the need to look over my shoulder when out and about as you never seem to know whats trouble or who is lurking......

Maybe I am over-reacting a bit who knows but I'm seeing way to much of this sort of stuff now...

A life lived in fear is a life half lived.

These things unfortunately seem to be happening a little too much at the minute and I don't know if it's something thats gone on for years and years but is just far more publicised now but I really don't like it at all, and it's really putting me off the place where I call home, I really don't consider Sheffield to be a safe place any more and I am pretty scared when around and about these days because I only seem to notice the dodgy looking characters these days and constantly feel the need to look over my shoulder when out and about as you never seem to know whats trouble or who is lurking......

Maybe I am over-reacting a bit who knows but I'm seeing way to much of this sort of stuff now...

I know what you mean. There was a bit of a fist fight in town yesterday lunchtime near Debenhams, some young boy-racer had almost run someone over by going the wrong way over a junction, and the next minute the driver and pedestrian were throwing punches, it suddenly occurred to me that at any point, one of them could have pulled a knife and it could have been game over. It's a crazy world!

Again, when its groups of idiots stabbing each other over lack of "respekt" for each other or gangs battling over a postcode digit then I really couldn't care less what happens to them.

It's when innocent passers by become affected when we have to worry.

it right annoys me with this stabbing i bet its just something stupid that started it off like a chav sayin what you lookin at while the other kid wa minding his own business and then it will all have started from there... it happens to me quite alot of times you just have to talk yourself out of it and then if worst comes to the worst just run anywhere prefebly in a shop with security

sadly this is the type of world we live in now surrounded by little wanna be gangsters carrying knifes and guns and who have no thought for using them or what is caused by using them. Like Paul2412 said its when innocent people get brought into that you need to worry!!