Any mountain bikers on here?

I went round Derwent with a neighbour a couple of weeks ago as he said he was going to do the C2C.

Thought I might ride with him on a practice ride.

It took him 3hrs, my 8yr old daughter could have dont it quicker!!!!

He's now realised he's a useless, unfit muppet who cant ride a £99 full susp bike anywhere other than a playground.

I'm up for a ride, I'm sure everyones fitness levels are different.

I am up for it too..doesnt really matter if everyone has a different fitness levels, cant really get lost around Ladybower.

Only problem with cycling around Ladybower is parking. I normally get there pretty early and park either on the road to Bamford or the A57 itself. If you get there later than about 10.30-11am on a weekend it can be difficult to park.

is there a pub we all know with parking as we know we will all be in the right place

alot of cyclists seem to park in the Ladybower Inn car park just across the road from the pub. Not sure if the pub mind or not but it always seems to be full

ok, heres my suggestion to get things kicked off.

Date/Time: Saturday 22nd August @ 9am

Location: Ladybower Inn carpark (they are happy for people to park there as long as they at least come in for a drink afterwards)

Route: Basic Ladybower circuit anticlockwise (15 miles). This a straight-forward route which should cater for most abilities and bikes. It should take between 1.5-2 hours to complete.

To be fair I can't come this weekend anyway so good luck with the ride. :)

well done gaz at last we have a date although im working saturday what about sunday? same place same time back in time for pub opening!!!!!!

Saturday is good for me, was planning to go there anyway.

9am is a good time as then you dont spend most of the ride dodging the dozy walkers who wouldnt see you coming if you had a police siren and flashing blue light on your bike.

well done gaz at last we have a date although im working saturday what about sunday? same place same time back in time for pub opening!!!!!!

I can only do Saturday this week. Perhaps we'll make the next ride on a Sunday if you'd like to suggest a weekend.

I will be up for a ride midweek after work if anyone else is. Busy this and next weekend.