Warp20 night - 19th September

Does anyone have tickets for the Park Hill film thing that they aren't going to use? I would like to go but it is sold out :(

Thanks!

It's not tickets, it's RSVP to an e-mail sent to people who bought tickets for the gig.

It's not tickets, it's RSVP to an e-mail sent to people who bought tickets for the gig.

it's a bizarre system, they should have made it a nominal charge to get in... Park Flats would be awesome, but I'm probably gonna spend the night in town before heading out to Magna

Thats funny, people complaining cos its free.

People had to send an email to 20@warp.net to reserve a place at the Park Hill event. All who were successful will have received an email back confirming.

Oh Okay! That wasn't obvious on the website....

2 tickets available. Sadly can't go due to babysitter cancelling at short notice.

£15 each. PM me.

Does anyone know when the warp films start at Hyde park tonight and is it free ot the public? and where exactly is it?

Dear Nightmares on Wax,

Try sticking some five pence pieces to the tops of your record arms. That ought to do the trick.

Love Nekro138.

Dear Nightmares on Wax,

Try sticking some five pence pieces to the tops of your record arms. That ought to do the trick.

Love Nekro138.

lol, they were quiet too... they only seemed to turn the volume up halfway though Squarepusher. Clark was absolutely blinding... an amazing night all-round, shame about the mental queue for the buses to get there. we waited 25mins without one coming, so jumped in a taxi

Was amazing from Clark onwards - especially Winston Hazel who upstaged most of the big-names I thought...

Took awhile to get going tho!

Squarepusher was good, Clark and Wetherall had their moments, but overall I thought the Warp 20 thing was a bit sedate. There needed to be much more going on.

I'm not saying Warp should have booked a load more massive names, but the venue was big enough to accommodate an extra room of acts. Some decent locals and unknowns would have done nicely. This would have helped with the flow of the night, and it's always nice to have a walk around when you're bored of the main room (sadly, this happened a lot on Saturday).

For me, the night didn't really get going properly. As gigs go this was ok, but as a 20th anniversary show from one of the best labels around, Warp 20 was a huge disappointment.

Edited by Rushup

Squarepusher was good, Clark and Wetherall had their moments, but overall I thought the Warp 20 thing was a bit sedate. There needed to be much more going on.

I'm not saying Warp should have booked a load more massive names, but the venue was big enough to accommodate an extra room of acts. Some decent locals and unknowns would have done nicely. This would have helped with the flow of the night, and it's always nice to have a walk around when you're bored of the main room (sadly, this happened a lot on Saturday).

For me, the night didn't really get going properly. As gigs go this was ok, but as a 20th anniversary show from one of the best labels around, Warp 20 was a huge disappointment.

i kept thinking "if this was in a smaller place like the Q-Park it'd be incredible"... it was still stunning but the soundsystem didn't fill the room and it was half full. It needed either another room or a more intimate venue to make it more intense.

The problem with the license for the Q-Park didn't help, because it meant they didn't have the venue they really wanted and they didn't have enough time to make the most of Magna. I thought the night was a success, but seeing as the details for the night only came out in August it felt a bit 'last minute'.

I'm interested to know what Weatherall played? Was it all Sabres/ 2 Lone Swordsmen stuff, or did he play loads of early WARP/ or more Aphex stuff ?