Can I use Tomato Feed for my flowers?

Ive run out of plant food, but have a large bottle of tomato feed left in my hut. Can I use this to feed my flowers, which I do weekly ? I dont feel inclined to buy a new box of plant feed if this will do.

I sell lots of concentrated tomato food. It's all some people ever use, for feeding everything in the garden. Especially good for roses, so I've been told. Make sure you follow the instructions for correct dilutions though.

Yes. I use it for everything except my ericaceous plants :D

I sell lots of concentrated tomato food. It's all some people ever use, for feeding everything in the garden. Especially good for roses, so I've been told. Make sure you follow the instructions for correct dilutions though.

Just the advice I was looking for here. Do I really need to buy any plant food next year ? Cant I continue to use tomato feed ?

Yes. I use it for everything except my ericaceous plants :D

I have a Camellia, is that ericaceous ?

yes. sorry. But with camelia's it's the watering thats more important as this time of year its making next years buds

yes. sorry. But with camelia's it's the watering thats more important as this time of year its making next years buds

Thanks Hayley. :)

Tomato food has a high potash content which helps to promote the growth of Flowers / Fruit in most plants, which is Ok when flowers are blooming in bedding plants etc. But a normal plant food is recommended to begin with until such plants start flowering or you end up with uneven growth in plants.

Tomato food has a high potash content which helps to promote the growth of Flowers / Fruit in most plants, which is Ok when flowers are blooming in bedding plants etc. But a normal plant food is recommended to begin with until such plants start flowering or you end up with uneven growth in plants.

Thank you for your helpful advice.:)

Just to thank everyone for their replies. I havent had to buy any new plant feed, but used my tomato feed instead. Cheers.!!:thumbsup:

I use tomato feed on pretty much everything that's doing a lot of blooming or lots of foliage ( apart from ericacous ) and bone, fish and bone in big pots when planting to help establish roots.

I use tomato feed on pretty much everything that's doing a lot of blooming or lots of foliage ( apart from ericacous ) and bone, fish and bone in big pots when planting to help establish roots.

Is it Ok for producing flowers though ?