Sky TV vs. Virgin Media - which one is best?

ESPN's free on XL, including ESPN HD, America and History. I cant remember what numbers they're on but I've been watching the College Football Live magazine show and it's great. Baseball's on all the time at the moment too if you like that on top of the extra Premiership games.

I dont watch telly at all, but the virgin broadband service is good, fast and reliable.

virgin basic package then get a better box off ebay...cough cough

i have a nasty cough too :hihi:

I've had Virgin media for 3 weeks and it's an absolute nightmare!

Extremely slow internet and the tv picture is terrible. Add that to the fact that all people that work in the call centre are completely useless, never get back to you, engineers call randomly to sort out problems you don't have, then if you do have a problem they don't turn up when scheduled.

Wish I'd never bothered with Virgin, but unfortunately cant get sky reception where I live

I've had Virgin media for 3 weeks and it's an absolute nightmare!

Extremely slow internet and the tv picture is terrible. Add that to the fact that all people that work in the call centre are completely useless, never get back to you, engineers call randomly to sort out problems you don't have, then if you do have a problem they don't turn up when scheduled.

Wish I'd never bothered with Virgin, but unfortunately cant get sky reception where I live

I agree with the call centres being as useful as if you'd phoned the speaking clock, but the other problems i've not had. In what way is the picture awful?

Also who said you can't have sky? I ask because depending on who said it, it may be worth you getting a 2nd opinion

Picture just seems a bit shallow and grainy (technical terms), definitely not as good as I've had with sky in the past.

Had two companies round to try and install sky. Even tried on our chimney stack but was told we couldn't get signal because of the huge trees that surround our house and garden. Nice and secluded, but no good for tv/satellite reception it seems

Edit: Sorry, misread the post slightly they were both local firms who had to send their 'special heights' teams out. Also no one else on the street has sky.

Edited by Milky Joe

virgin media has had major issues past few week should be 99% sorted now service centre aint much good however dont fail to call them if you loose service once you have heard from them its there problem insist on a refund each time.If your not getting anywere with them then ask them to put you through to cutomer relations in sheffield trouble is there only open daytime.

I have had both Virgin and Sky

Virgin TV is great for the on demand stuff but rubbish for the HD stuff. Also, the virgin HD boxes always seem to break.

Virgin Broadband is really good where Sky's isnt. Both Virgin and Sky tech support are rubbish.

I have had both Virgin and Sky

Virgin TV is great for the on demand stuff but rubbish for the HD stuff. Also, the virgin HD boxes always seem to break.

Virgin Broadband is really good where Sky's isnt. Both Virgin and Sky tech support are rubbish.

must agree on most ya points however ive had 2 set top boxes in 25 years or so and only changed once as a upgrade they do seem to suffer from over heating why i stuck little feet on mine lol as for sky ney been there done that.

Dad had all services with Virgin and thought he'd transfer them all to Sky upon renewal. He's now been with Sky two months and he can't wait to finish the contract so he can get back to Virgin. He's had no end of problems with Sky - and their customer services are abysmal, apparently.

I've been with Virgin for years and have (by and large) a great set up.

It's all down to personal experience I guess.