Who wants fluoride added to Sheffield primary school milk?

Is it true that flouride is a very toxic chemical ? Is it a byproduct of industry.? Is it true that the human liver is one of the best things to process flouride ? I don't know? why not put other substances in milk. Substances like plant sterols or cod liver oil or anti-cancer stuff? Heart problems and cancer kills a lot more than bad teeth!!!!! What I want to know is WHATS IT ALL ABOUT*.

It's true; I work in a mortuary and we've recently had a spate of dead kids who had exploded due to drinking too much milk. Fortunately their teeth were all okay, so the bodies could be identified.

Aaaah but had you checked to see if it was dental milk or just the ordinary cows stuff....?

Should we even be drinking Cows milk at all? Surely cows milk is for baby cows not humans! Maybe we should be giving our kids human breast milk, this would make more sense.

Is it true that flouride is a very toxic chemical ?

In large quantities yes; in the sort of quantities you get in flouridated water, no. You'd die of water poisoning before you could drink enough of it to get flouridosis.

I imagine the same applies to flouridated milk, something of which I've never before heard.

Go back to the first post.

It is based on ignorance.

Schools ask parents if they want their child to have milk. Before 5, it is free, after age 5 they have to pay for it.

When they ask that question, they also ask (if the option is available) if you would like your child to have fluoride milk or not.

The school places orders based on these requests. If you don't want your child to have fluoridated milk, they don't get it.

My position is one of 'disappointed', because our school chose to stop (last year) the option of fluoride milk that had been there for many years.

Strange that it coincided with the start of these 'trials' in other schools?

Edited by cgksheff

Go back to the first post.

It is based on ignorance.

Schools ask parents if they want their child to have milk. Before 5, it is free, after age 5 they have to pay for it.

When they ask that question, they also ask (if the option is available) if you would like your child to have fluoride milk or not.

The school places orders based on these requests. If you don't want your child to have fluoridated milk, they don't get it.

My position is one of 'disappointed', because our school chose to stop (last year) the option of fluoride milk that had been there for many years.

Strange that it coincided with the start of these 'trials' in other schools?

Free school milk has been extended to include 8 year olds and plans are to extend even longer- strange that isn't it..

And if you are that worried of lack of flouride, buy some tablets. Its a poison when all said and done. Eat 10 tubes of toothpaste and see how you go on.......

Free school milk has been extended to include 8 year olds and plans are to extend even longer- strange that isn't it..

Not really, when school milk has been proven to extend life and reduce the incidence of illness/disease.

Your earlier post implied that children were newly being given fluoride in milk without permission.

That is not true. End of.

Its a poison when all said and done.

So is milk.

So is water, come to that. Anything and everything is a poison if you consume too much of it. The amounts being added to milk, and potentially to water, are not remotely anywhere naer enough to be dangerous.

I chose the dental milk, and yes my child does clean his teeth twice a day and has a healthy diet.

I have always had problems with my teeth which the dentist has assured me was nothing to do with diet/teeth cleaning.

I do not want my children to have to go through all the dental problems I have had and so am willing to give them the extra fluoride in the hope that it may help.

I grew up in Australia where they put fluoride in the water. I am now 34 and have never had a filling in my life. Personally I can't see anything wrong with it and it has no doubt saved me thousands in dental bills over the years.

I grew up in Australia where they put fluoride in the water. I am now 34 and have never had a filling in my life. Personally I can't see anything wrong with it and it has no doubt saved me thousands in dental bills over the years.

How was your parents teeth? There is a lot of evidence that dental health is largly genetic. My parents have got all their teeth and so have i.. Never used flouride toothpaste either , especially when we heard the nazis invented it..

Childrens milk teeth tend to fall out so why give young children flouride? Dentist research shows that its not worth filling milk teeth as this can have a negative experience on some children, putting them off as adults.

It seems to me that if your going to medicate milk then flouride would be the last thing I would put in it.!

Fluorosis?