Park academy school

does anyone out there have kids who attend park academy if so could you tell me what you think of the school,the staffand the future chances of it improving thanks.

Don't have kids there but visited there this year as part of my teaching course. The building is very nice and clean and the class sizes aren't alarming, they're quite regular even. The classrooms i taught in were rather on the small side but this is an unfortunate trend of newer modern buildings.

Despite it's reputation, the kids were really sound with us (i had a lower and upper math class!) however one of my course mates got quite a bit of verbal abuse from one of them in a different class, but that's just disrespectful kids these days and more a reflection on the parents than the school.

The teachers are very good and do wonders with what they've got to work with. With a bit of community support and help from the parents (teaching of respect and manners!!!), oit's a matter of when not if the school will improve.

With it being an academy, it's a trickling effect, but i think you'll see positive results each year!

Hope this helped!

I know the school from a local perspective. It is like a prison. No playing fields, . A big pile of bricks just waiting for the ethnic tensions which I believe is encouraged by the u.l.c. A christian organization . The second new build in 20 years or so. some schools can't get rebuilt once.

On the plus side police are outside in the mornings and hometime, may be delivering prisoners? ,

I'm told the teachers are very good however the leadership are none existant and the frontline admin staff are rude and unprofessional . On the plus side there is cctv and fingerprinting so these abandoned kids can be identified when they have finished their apprenticeship on crime and anti-social behavior .

My 14 year child has been there since the start of the Academy era and would not go to any other school now. I have met the staff on open days and found them to be positive and supportive.The facilities at the school are far better than most other secondary schools in Sheffield. I know the school has had it moments recently, but that now seems to be sorted.

My child is achieving above the expected grade, so no complaints about teaching standards either.

My daughter as just left after going through from been 11 to 18 , she got excellent GCSE results and is waiting for her A level results , to then start uni .We haven't had problems at all with the school teaching or otherwise .If your child is willing to knuckle down and learn then i wouldn't have a problem with sending them to the Academy .

does anyone out there have kids who attend park academy if so could you tell me what you think of the school,the staffand the future chances of it improving thanks.

As for the future chances of improving you may do well researching how other academys have faired. Or even its sister school , springs academy. As I see it any failing school will be transferred to an academy so money can be made out of them. only where parent participation is lowest will academies be set up as no one will notice or complain about what occurs. any improvement in results will have simply been manipulated. ,,

Most people I know would change schools if they had a choice.

I know the school from a local perspective. It is like a prison. No playing fields, . A big pile of bricks just waiting for the ethnic tensions which I believe is encouraged by the u.l.c. A christian organization . The second new build in 20 years or so. some schools can't get rebuilt once.

On the plus side police are outside in the mornings and hometime, may be delivering prisoners? ,

I'm told the teachers are very good however the leadership are none existant and the frontline admin staff are rude and unprofessional . On the plus side there is cctv and fingerprinting so these abandoned kids can be identified when they have finished their apprenticeship on crime and anti-social behavior .

There are naughty kids in every school, my stepdaughter went to this school and loved it, and so did my husband when it was waltheof. In my opinion Br8inend you seem to make a lot of comments on various threads that you know naff all about,by the way..note the correct spelling of opinion,maybe you went to the wrong school as your spelling leaves a lot to be desired.:roll:

Is this the school that used to be "myrtle spings" where the young girl got her face slashed with a knife by another student a couple of years ago? That sits near the manor top on the back of the Arbourthorne?

Personally wouldnt like to send my children their i used to live near on and moved away when my daughter was coming up to school age to avoid her schooling in the schools around their, including this senior school which im sure is the same one as this would have been her feeder school.

Is this the school that used to be "myrtle spings" where the young girl got her face slashed with a knife by another student a couple of years ago? That sits near the manor top on the back of the Arbourthorne?

Personally wouldnt like to send my children their i used to live near on and moved away when my daughter was coming up to school age to avoid her schooling in the schools around their, including this senior school which im sure is the same one as this would have been her feeder school.

No.its not i think myrtle springs is now called sheffield spring academy,the park academy used to be called Waltheof and its on beaumont rd down prince of wales road.

notice how the people knocking it are the ones who have never been/had kids there....

...interesting...noi?

notice how the people knocking it are the ones who have never been/had kids there....

...interesting...noi?

Exactly.:huh:

Is it normal then to have police outside a school morning and hometime ? What a great environment to learn in! Is it normal for a school to have no playing fields? What a great environment to learn in! Is it normal to have huge piles of rubble surrounding the school? What a great environment to learn in.! Is it normal to fingerprint children ?