What's happening with the Cross Scythes at Totley?

i know a lot wots happening but am not going to tell you anything.for a start u know nothing about champs its all gossip.they have spent a lot of money on this pub and i think it will do well.good luck to them they are taking a chance.u will be surprised it looks good inside,and the food smelled bloody good while i was working there today.

so you'll know its not doing well at all

Isn't it? That surprises me as it was great when we went, and all the other posts on this thread have been positive. It hasn't really been opened long enough to be making judgements yet surely? It has only been open for 16 days!

Went in there last night for a drink there was only 2 of us and 3 others in, The place is really nice, but a little pricey £1.80 for half of coke and larger was £2.90, not too bad I suppose but £1.80 for a coke.!!!!:o

give it a chance.its only just opened.anyway how do u know do u stand outside it every day to see how many people go in.or are u just 1 of these people who get it from someone else.better know as rumours

stayed there last two nights (yes they have hotel rooms) 4 altogether 3 with balconys and the one without is the biggest room.

prices are £50 a room and £6 per breakfast.

all the food is fresh and made onsite daily from local produce the waitress informed me of this which i thought was fantastic.

great service and food hope it does well..

i will be returning in a few weeks with my family...

they have the best family table which sits 12 people comfortable but you have to have a minimum of 6 (its on private area too).

hers the number if it helps

0114 2360204

Went in the other night and was very impressed. Now the Crown has gone downhill after Phil left, the Cross is now a firm favorite .

I haven't been back since I went when it first opened, anyone know how it is doing now? I am looking for somewhere to take my dad as a treat next month.

The Cross Scythes is OK, its a really smart yet relaxed place, nice food, friendly staff and has a decent selection of ales too.

we did the decorating there,and stuart treated us to a breakfast when we finished the job.top nosh i must say.especially the sausages best ave tasted for a while.keep up the good work stu

Went in there last night for a drink there was only 2 of us and 3 others in, The place is really nice, but a little pricey £1.80 for half of coke and larger was £2.90, not too bad I suppose but £1.80 for a coke.!!!!:o

that's cheap its £3 in my local it's about average price now for a pint of lager

David Ford of Champs has taken it into his empire, definately a gastro pub, it's not got a snowball in hells chance of succeeding in Totley.

er what were u saying.ha ha its doing very well.have you got something against dave and his empire its what you call graft and hard work,he deserves it.

Really nice fresh food, went in after a few months, still great, clean and well run. Notice they have a website and live music every last sunday of the month