129 members have voted

1. 1. WHERE DO YOU WANT THEM LEAVING!!!

• BLUE BIN
    • GARAGE/SHED
    • ROUND THE BACK
    • OTHER

me too sweetie Ive lived with it for a longgggggggggg time lol

So you don't want to do your job then?

Hey i use my car so if your not in i just chuck it in back of boot and take it to a Post office when finished so yes i do my job right and yes i leave cards but when i get silly complaints of customers saying they cant be arsed to pick it up why can't you leave it in our blue bin then, we all just laugh at ya, also it ****** me off when you ask for a re-delivery and yet your not in so once again we have to trapes it around with us :rant:

me too sweetie Ive lived with it for a longgggggggggg time lol

LOL ok darling, so no i don't work at brightside, you wouldn't catch me in there, only time i will go in is when i use the gym but can't at min can't find my security pass lol, what office your fella at??

Brightside HEHEHEHEEH I once worked for a week sorting gawd i had letters chasing me in my sleep

I worked at Brightside of over 7 years lol and left a few weeks ago. Its deffo alot easier than workin in Delivery imho. Used to work 5 hours on lates & never had to wear a uniform either lol as weren't customer facing. If you want a job thats easy & ok pay for a non skilled job, then Brightside is prefect!. Only downside is the lack of full time duties at our place as most people are part time and doing overtime to try and make there pay up.

I was earning about £195 for 25 hours a week, with CWU being took out each week as well.

I was having perishables delivered to me once, and and the postie left a note saying the parcel was in the blue bin. Fair enough, I thought, as I went to get it from the bin. But nope, it wasn't in it. I spent weeks puzzling over it, asked all the neighbours to check their bins, and even contacted the local office, who only told me to ring back another time. Anyway, weeks and weeks later, while she was getting something from the coal shed at the end of our garden, my friend found the parcel. Waaaaaay too late - and definitely not in the blue bin! Grrrr!

I would love for my neighbours to take in a parcel for me BUT I wouldnt trust them as far as I could throw them, we have no blue bin that could be used as I live in a Maisonette and the only thing I can do is either wait in or let it be taken back to Pond st but then you have to wait 72 hours to collect it in person or arrange another delivery date online or pay a fee and have it taken to your local Post Office to be picked up (thats if you are lucky enough to have a local Post office) At one time of day in the not to distant past you could pick it up after 24 hours in Pond St but not now and as someone has already pointed out the days have gone when your Postman delivered at the same time of day now its between nine o`clock & one o`clock.

I would love for my neighbours to take in a parcel for me BUT I wouldnt trust them as far as I could throw them, we have no blue bin that could be used as I live in a Maisonette and the only thing I can do is either wait in or let it be taken back to Pond st but then you have to wait 72 hours to collect it in person or arrange another delivery date online or pay a fee and have it taken to your local Post Office to be picked up (thats if you are lucky enough to have a local Post office) At one time of day in the not to distant past you could pick it up after 24 hours in Pond St but not now and as someone has already pointed out the days have gone when your Postman delivered at the same time of day now its between nine o`clock & one o`clock.

the not too distant past wow its been years since pond street

Hey i use my car so if your not in i just chuck it in back of boot and take it to a Post office when finished so yes i do my job right and yes i leave cards but when i get silly complaints of customers saying they cant be arsed to pick it up why can't you leave it in our blue bin then, we all just laugh at ya, also it ****** me off when you ask for a re-delivery and yet your not in so once again we have to trapes it around with us :rant:

LOL. Well don't put a poll up that neglects to mention the one option that is actually correct and you should be doing. If you don't like the grief that comes with your job - change it.

Just wondering what customers expect us to do with your packets and parcel and any other junk we can't fit through your door??? The reason for this thread is because we keep getting complaints of your lot cause we leave your packets/parcels in your blue bin!!!
Blue bins, though some green hippie recycling hobbyist's tool is a bin, not some place something for safe keeping.

Put parcels round the back, behind the bin, under a bench, behind a bush, not somewhere I'm meant to take out on the street for trashing.

It begs belief to leave valuables in a bin!

1st class can take upto 3 working days and 2nd upto 5 working days.

Really??

Then Royal Mail need to reprint all their literature.

http://www.royalmail.com/portal/rm/jump1?catId=400023&mediaId=400028&keyname=ssm

And even then it says NEXT DAY OPTION...would let me believe that the recipient would get the mail the day after. This is just a get out clause for lazy postpeople!

Jayne

Edited by jayne67

I'm happy for my parcels to be left in the shed. We leave it unlocked when we're expecting a parcel.