'Inglourious Basterds', Tarantino's latest offering

Yeah I went at the weekend and thought it was brilliant. Almost entirely subtitled and some bits you know you shouldn't laugh at but can't help it!

If you want to know a bit more about how WW2 played out, it's an excellent place to start.

If you want to know a bit more about how WW2 played out, it's an excellent place to start.

I think not, since it's heavily fictionalised.

I think not, since it's heavily fictionalised.
I think your irony meter needs a new battery. ;)

I think your irony meter needs a new battery. ;)

You're quite right - you did that too deadpan for me to pick up, damnit!:)

I started watching it online, but got bored, tbf I thought it was a bit crap, so I stopped watching after 50 minutes.

It got terrible reviews in the newspapers, and I hear theve now taken the second word out of the title .

It got terrible reviews in the newspapers, and I hear theve now taken the second word out of the title .

Depends what paper you read and the title has not changed, it's just sensored in some forms of media.

Depends what paper you read and the title has not changed, it's just sensored in some forms of media.

Oh, I see sorry. I wonder why its sensored when its spelt like that?

Indeed. With an 88% rating on Rotten Tomatoes (out of 229 reviews from media and critics only 27 rated it low), it certainly hasn't been getting many bad reviews.

The dropping of the second word in the title was for the pre-publicity on TV and radio, much in the same way that Austin Powers The Spy Who Shagged Me was adjusted for such media.

Oh, I see sorry. I wonder why its sensored when its spelt like that?

It is to do with it still sounding offensive. The mis-spelling in the title allows it to be printed and displayed, but the voice-over on adverts etc is another matter...hence the editing.