Sign in to follow this  

Yoga for beginners

Does anyone know of a yoga class for beginners in s8 area?

:wave: thanksx

There's a class on Monday nights 7.30 - 9.00pm at Meersbrook Bank Primary School on Derbyshire Lane. I was a beginner when I started (still consider myself a "beginner" as well!). The teacher (Chris) encourages you to take it at your own pace anyway. It's £3.50 a night but you can pay £17.50 for a 5 week block. :D

Yeah, I go to that class too. It's very good, very relaxing. And as Lou says Chris will let you go at your own pace. I remember when I first went there were certain positions I couldn't do, he would get me doing alternatives. No-one thinks any differently of you. The great thing is that I can do those positions now! Yeh! :D

Hope to see you there.

If you come, the first class is free so you can try it out.

There is alot of relaxation during the class in between the positions, and for the final relaxation you may want to bring a blanket. Lots do, just to put over themselves at the end while lying down and relaxing for 10 mins or so as your body cools down.

'Chris!' - Too much of a coincidence not to be my yoga teacher too (different class though)..

I think he's really good - especially if you're a beginner.

Nomme

I go to the yoga class at ponds forge.

You get a different teacher depending on the day / time of the class. Janet and Georgia are the two main teachers at ponds forge. Both are really friendly and seem to know what they're doing.

:D

Originally posted by nommedenet

'Chris!' - Too much of a coincidence not to be my yoga teacher too (different class though)..

I think he's really good - especially if you're a beginner.

Nomme

Does he do the chanting? (can't think of the proper name for it).

He's just come back from another course and he's even better. He knows his stuff re: the spiritual side of it.

If it's the same guy, where are his other classes?

Originally posted by Foxxx

Does he do the chanting? (can't think of the proper name for it).

He's just come back from another course and he's even better. He knows his stuff re: the spiritual side of it.

If it's the same guy, where are his other classes?

I think his second name is 'Noon'. His partner Hanna has just had a child. That him?

Nomme

Thanks for your help, maybe see some of you monday. I'll be the useless 1 hideing at the back LOL!

breathe in through the nose... and out through the pursed lips.

is Chris slightly short with dark/mousey hair? i think he taught a class at the surrey on a weds last year.

Originally posted by nommedenet

I think his second name is 'Noon'. His partner Hanna has just had a child. That him?

Nomme

I don't know his surname or his partners name so I couldn't say if it was him or not. He always wears baggy white trousers and a yellow jumper if thats a help!

Originally posted by Foxxx

There is alot of relaxation during the class in between the positions, and for the final relaxation you may want to bring a blanket. Lots do, just to put over themselves at the end while lying down and relaxing for 10 mins or so as your body cools down.

Or you can fall asleep and start snoring as Foxxx did last week. :lol: