Sign in to follow this  

Zimbabwe and President Mugabe

Obviously he's been ****ing the people of his country around for years and he's as close to evil as you can come in this day and age.....in my eyes anyway....but did anyone else see in the news what happened this week?

200,000 people have been made homeless in 'Operation CLean Up Dirt' because the government believes that their houses are not 'regulation' enough. So they literally sent in bulldozers and just knocked them all down.

We're not talking slums here, these were stone houses and progressive neighbourhoods for people who's been saving for years and years.

SO now, these 200,000 are living in the rubble of their own homes without food or shelter.

A tyrant by any other name. He's weakened the judiciary, and the law enforcement agency, i.e., the police, are just a private army now. He acts with impunity.

Where are these poor homeless people supposed to find shelter? And the food crisis continues to worsen. But his hacks will only distribute food aid to the starving if they support his political party.

The South African government should be taking a lead on condemning Mugabe. Sadly, they won't.

ANYBODY should be taking action against him. Not least the bloody G8 people. Humph.

What action do you suggest, noseyrosie?

The whole of the international community knows what he's up to, yet see fit to take no action.

Prince Charles and Jack Straw shake hands with him and there is so little backbone that our cricketers had to go there.

And he is backed by fellow African leaders.

The Zimbabwean economy appears to be well and truly on its knees, and now Operation Clean Up Dirt. What a dreadful situation.

It's a horrible human tragedy and I feel for those people who are among the poorest in a very poor country

It may be that everyone is just waiting for him to shuffle off his mortal coil before anything is done.

Sorry NoseyRosie, this is just another in a long line of unpleasant acts committed while Mugabe has been in power. He's rigged elections, "diverted" aid, sequestered legally owned land, murdered, tortured and generally been a first class s**t. He has bought economic and social ruin to his people who were once one of the better off nations in the African continent, Mugabe seems to think it more politic to buy fighter planes than antiretroviral drugs to fight AIDS - that give you an idea of what a good guy he is.

While key African nations stand behind an obviously illegal reigeme then Mugabe will always have the power to stand over his people, IMO only pressure from the African leaders can lead to a better life for the Zimbabwean people. The west has tried sanctions, threats and withholding aid but to no avail.

Like Idi Amin before him, Mugabe is a despot with no regard for human life, suffering or welfare and like Amin I'll raise a glass when I learn of his death.