Growing up in Beighton

please let me know if you were successful in contacting her

the only family i know from their the jones peter jones

I lived in Beighton from 1967 to 1972 - my dad was one of the beighton bobbys on Victoria Road - Dave Harris, with the Wrens next door. Reading through old posts - Marie Staniland lives across the road from me now at Woodhouse.

I lived in Beighton from 1967 to 1972 - my dad was one of the beighton bobbys on Victoria Road - Dave Harris, with the Wrens next door. Reading through old posts - Marie Staniland lives across the road from me now at Woodhouse.

In those days if your Dad gave us a clip round the earhole and we went home and told our parents we got another clip off them.

My wife comes from Cairns Road Beighton and comes from a well Known family called Turton. her grandfather was on Chesterfield Council and his name was Baden Powell Turton

My wife comes from Cairns Road Beighton and comes from a well Known family called Turton. her grandfather was on Chesterfield Council and his name was Baden Powell Turton

Never heard of him.............

Bade Turton was well known in Beighton, If you wanted a council house (before Yorkshire extended their boundary) when Beighton was still in Derbyshire, you used to go and see Bade at home to plead your case.

Tuppie

Bade Turton was well known in Beighton, If you wanted a council house (before Yorkshire extended their boundary) when Beighton was still in Derbyshire, you used to go and see Bade at home to plead your case.

Tuppie

Beighton became part of Sheffield in 1967.

Bade worked at Beighton Colliery, later Brookhouse colliery for a total of 51 years. his son Jack worked there till it closed. Jack lived 3 doors down the street from my wife's family and her mother is Jack's sister Doreen. Mary, another sister, lived on Armstead road but now lives at Mosborough. Barbara, the youngest sister lives at Eckington. My wife's brother Peter is married to Ruth (nee Antcliffe) from Manvers road and she has a brother Mark.

There used to be police houses on Victoria Road.

Does anyone have any information on the houses that used to be on Armstead Road?

They start at number 11 (?) on the left - what were the other house, anyone live in one and why where they knocked down?

Ta

THE Giraffe

Does anyone have any information on the houses that used to be on Armstead Road?

They start at number 11 (?) on the left - what were the other house, anyone live in one and why where they knocked down?

Ta

THE Giraffe

With out going down I am guessing that no11 is the first of the flat topped coucil houses.

All the brick houses facing what is now the green baize club and those up Armstead to the council houses were knocked down way back why? haven't a clue. But assume it was considered slum clearance like those along bottom and up archard lane and Allen rd