Growing up in Beighton

Hi,

I remember the stanilands when i lived in rosemary road at the bottom in what is called the square, They lived opposite, i moved there in the early 70s when the houses was new stayed there until early 80s.

Anyone remember a dentist at Woodhouse called Willie Thorne? I went there sometime in the 60's, walked from Hackenthorpe, had a tooth out and walked all the way back holding a cotton swab in my gob to stop the blood. He was an old man then, I think he was just about to retire. Why do I remember his name after 40 years?? I only ever went to him once.

Hello all wonder if you can help me find where wendy smith is she lived on woodhouse lane beighton , she was born 1964 her mum was jean im not sure if she still lives there or not or if she married ? any help would be great thanks :)

Hi there,

I know a wendy shaw that lives on woodhouse lane, her mum is called jean. She is married but still lives on there im sure she was born around that year.did she have brothers ????

hiya shell,

thank you so much for your reply that sounds very promising news, im not sure if she had brothers or not ..?? i only know about wendy and jean. thanks anyway your a star :)

can i get a bus from peaks to woodhouse lane beighton or can i walk it which id sooner do if i can..? if not what bus would i get please?

i forgot to ask shell42

is shaw wendys married name or did her mum remarry do you know? i only know them as smith .

thanks again anyway :)

Anyone remember a dentist at Woodhouse called Willie Thorne? I went there sometime in the 60's, walked from Hackenthorpe, had a tooth out and walked all the way back holding a cotton swab in my gob to stop the blood. He was an old man then, I think he was just about to retire. Why do I remember his name after 40 years?? I only ever went to him once.

Hi !

I remember him being called BUTCHER THORNE. ( Wonder how that name came about. ha ha )

i went to carter lodge school with a wendy smith born 1964 from beighton . she married a lad from the same class .last i heard they were living in westfield

thank you for your help do you know his name ? you can pm it to me if you like ? thanks again :)

i cannot pm you as i am new to forum . i will post on other subjects and get back to you asap