Growing up in Beighton

On 12/17/2013 at 3:26 AM, Fabjoy said:

Hi,I used to visit with my mother, some if her family on School Rd.

The girls were called Megan & Sheila. Thinks their surname was Staniforth.

Does anyone know their whereabouts now? Would like to get

Back in touch.

I know I'm YEARS too late, but my name is Nathan Staniforth, I'm the head of the Staniforth Surname society, the Megan and Sheila you mentioned are very distant cousins of mine, they were both the daughters of Eric Levick Staniforth and his wife Connie (nee Booth), I do know Megan married a man named Leslie Hanlon in 1971, not certain on their whereabouts however. My Grandad was Anthony Staniforth born 1942, he had a twin brother Mick and they would knock about in Beighton and Hackenthorpe, their dad was Winsor Staniforth, worked at Brookhouse Colliery. Also if anyone remembers Staniforths Sickleworks on Main St Hackenthorpe, that's my family.

Done some investigation, Megan Staniforth married Leslie Hanlon and they had a son Richard Alexander Hanlon in 1979 and it looks like the three were actually living together as late as 2002 in the S21 postcode (Public info from 192.com)

I knew  keith cooper liked to cause mayham his brother Ron Cooper was a mate of mine liked the fairs a good lad 

there must be some old friends left in Southall that must remember our family it would be nice to here from one of them or has everyone left Jean Thacker Mavis Shepard all friends of mine from west street

looks Like not many people write on his forum where are all of you

I just wanted to know if any of my old friends were still around that's all I  in Sheffield now lived here 66year but always loved Southall think about i  and remember it just as it was before Chrystal peaks spoilt it nothing round there only woods and fields I have a run round sometimes and have a coffee in cafe near Southall club I used to live in big yard across from club but all gone now

On 03/12/2012 at 20:01, ukdobby said:

At your age didn't think of you as a minor:D

[I lived on Norcroft Cottages in late 70's which was a pit house (77-79), worked @ Brookehouse.]

Was it  renolds or baxters lived in end house woodhouse side 

On 01/01/2019 at 12:07, spider1 said:

I knew  keith cooper liked to cause mayham his brother Ron Cooper was a mate of mine liked the fairs a good lad 

I knew a "little" Ronnie Cooper from Beighton many years ago..he used to come up to the Waleswood at Walesbar had many a pint with him...a mate who also knows/knew him said he had seen him in York and he had a pub there...but this was a few years ago.....

Hello - I'm from down south but Mr Staniforth's daughter is one of my customers (I too am a clock repairer). Just thought I'd "make contact": I have given her details of your forum and she may well reply in person. Take care everyone...

Wondering if any one can help me I’m looking for information on hall’s tv shop 

if anyone knows the name of the people who worked there

where they lived 

and any photo of the shop 

any information would be great fully received thank you