Growing up in Beighton

I often wondered what happened to Joan fitzakerley that lived on west street Southall I always understood all her family went to Australia never knew if it was true

On 12/10/2018 at 9:42 PM, Cyclone said:

My Mum lived on Grange Road in the 50's and 60's (and probably until 1974 when she married my Dad I would think).

I was just looking on google streetview, but the shops I remember walking to with my gran when I was probably 5 or 6 have gone now, on Platts Drive?  Have I remembered that correctly, or did we walk further than I think...  Maybe it was actually as far as Robin Lane and my memory is faulty...

I lived in Beighton from the late 50's until 1980,,,

1 hour ago, irishill said:

I often wondered what happened to Joan fitzakerley that lived on west street Southall I always understood all her family went to Australia never knew if it was true

The fitzackerlys were a beighton family lived on Armsted  road i know 3 lads now about 70 years old duggie and pete spring to mind and one a bit older

5 hours ago, irishill said:

I often wondered what happened to Joan fitzakerley that lived on west street Southall I always understood all her family went to

3 hours ago, spider1 said:

The fitzackerlys were a beighton family lived on Armsted  road i know 3 lads now about 70 years old duggie and pete spring to mind and one a bit older

The Joan fitzackerley I knew used to live with her gran on west street across from Walters farm

were is Denis tame and Cynthia and Conner they used to live at the club on west street hope they all going strong they were My mates when I was a kid I used to live in big yard across road from the club but it's gone now

1 hour ago, irishill said:

were is Denis tame and Cynthia and Conner they used to live at the club on west street hope they all going strong they were My mates when I was a kid I used to live in big yard across road from the club but it's gone now

Connor Tame last i heard moved to Eckington but its a long time since i saw him 

On 12/12/2018 at 9:58 PM, irishill said:

Yes i remember the houses Ken Morley used to live there  as well probably still does so he would know joan fitzackerley

Edited by spider1

I had a run round Southall a few months ago just to look at it see how much it's changed there's a cafe now where butchers used to be and takeaways but things change don't they and all our old yard had gone just grass and trees now

On ‎12‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 9:12 PM, irishill said:

I had a run round Southall a few months ago just to look at it see how much it's changed there's a cafe now where butchers used to be and takeaways but things change don't they and all our old yard had gone just grass and trees now

Does anyone know William Dickenson from woodhouse lived on Hooley road as a child I pulled him out of the static water tank when he was two years old I think it was often wonder how he going on I was only eleven got my name in the star and a recommendation from fire service I still got them

On 8/12/2009 at 8:51 AM, jl-heating said:

my wife is a cooper from beighton . :) her dad was a miner kieth cooper an worked on the fair (waltzer)

Yes i know  keith Cooper think he was a jockey and delivered pop at some time 

On 6/27/2011 at 9:08 PM, Pulseroom said:

Did you know us? Marylin, Ann and Ian Williams of Woodhouse Lane? I remember Mr Kirk, Dogger Darker, Mr Hardy and his wife who used to teach English. Also remember the Shaws, Sandra and Susan, Frank Miles, The Hales family to name a few.

Ian

Frank Miles  old name he had an  older brother new them well 

how about june Thomas she was a good friend of mine lovely girl lived on Allen road she was a good friend around 1946just before we left for Sheffield iris Mallon hope you remember me I lived on Armstead road number 5

i think there was a Doreen lambert when I lived at Southall is she still around or am I the only oldun left like I say my name was Mallon I was a right tom boy climbing on swings and jumping river climbing trees you name it I did it I had a brother worked at wagon works a short time called Eric and a younger brother Gerald they went to Australia 50 year ago Eric died about five year ago heart attack