Sushi bar in Meadowhall

Chris, you've sort of disproved yourself there. By saying you don't like the taste, it implies you've tried it. By saying you don't like the texture, it implies you've tried it.

Ya gotta try it dude! Not just the fish stuff either. The noodles, curries and fried stuff is great too.

Chris, you've sort of disproved yourself there. By saying you don't like the taste, it implies you've tried it. By saying you don't like the texture, it implies you've tried it.

Ya gotta try it dude! Not just the fish stuff either. The noodles, curries and fried stuff is great too.

I like the puddings :) white choc and toffee cake mmm

It's easy to check for yourself, they put time stickers on every dish.

I'm not sure but I think the sashimi and nigiri are limited to 1:30 before they are removed.

one hour thirty or one minute thirty?

either way its enough reason NEVER to eat from there.

Its a bit of a crap position but I still love it for a quick informal sushi fix. Just a shame they put it out at meadowhall when they could have had somewhere in town away from gawping shoppers.

I still prefer Wasabisabi.. but I love the novelty value of the conveyor belt and the pretty coloured plates :-)

Raw fish in room temperture for 1:30 minutes:gag:, that cant be good

have you never tasted a turd before!!! god you are so narrow minded if you havent eaten something you dont want to and it must be down to your grand parents not eating turds 50 years ago :loopy:

if you dont like something it could be to do with hmmmmmmmm........ the taste? or hmmmmmmm......... the texture? or about 100 other reasons, i think some walkley is missing its idiot!

Now you're comparing a food item eaten by millions to bodily waste and using that as justification for not trying it.

There's an idiot around, but it isn't me.

Just to be clear, have your or have you not tried nigiri (raw fish)?

You probably need to look into how long fish will keep at room temperature before making any judgement.

It's clearly not a H&S problem or they wouldn't be allowed to do it, and I've never noticed it tasting bad or funny.

Maybe we're just too used to our refrigerators.

Wasabisabi gets my vote every time. Their platter is amazing!

As for all the people knocking sushi I haven't read a single post saying "I tried sushi the other week and I really didn't like it because of the taste/texture of it". Pretty much every post seems to be made by people who have never even tried it. I was not a fan before I tried it either. One day I was taken by the hand by a friend and guided into the world of sushi and haven't looked back since! Instead of knocking a food that millions of people around the world are very passionate about why not try it? If you still don't like it that's fine but at least you will be talking from a posistion of knowledge and experience rather than ignorance.

from my experience, yo sushi is very bland compared to, say, wasabisabi.

would not recommend.

I agree about the smell - I certainly wouldn't like to work in one of the shops nearby. It would be the same with any food stall - it just seems odd to have placed it there rather than in the food court.

I agree about the smell - I certainly wouldn't like to work in one of the shops nearby. It would be the same with any food stall - it just seems odd to have placed it there rather than in the food court.

Why do you think there is a smell? Food got bad maybe,

fish will start going bad as soon as it leave sea/freezer, as soon as it is room temperture the fish will start to rot. Hope you remenber this next time you are eating at meadowhall shop and wonder how long that fish been out of the fridge! good luck

Now you're comparing a food item eaten by millions to bodily waste and using that as justification for not trying it.

There's an idiot around, but it isn't me.

Just to be clear, have your or have you not tried nigiri (raw fish)?

to be honest i have tried it and its not too bad just not my type of food. but it was the stuff in a box from M&S. but the place is in the wrong location, stinks like grimsby docks, should it be in a store not sticking out a section of meadowhall it would be fine. as someone said why not put it in the food hall with most of the other outlets.