DAM HOUSE, Excellent bar/restaurant, great atmosphere

I had a Sunday roast there the other week, it was average. Lamb was very fatty and there was not enough veg.

Sorry to hear that,

what was the date you came and did you speak to a manager or server with your views, we are more than happy to get you more vegetables.

We don't often do lamb, and most Sundays we have beef as an alternative. Was this offered to you?

Please call us with any issues you have as we like to put things right on the day, sorry you had a bad visit.

If you could forward me any other details (time, date, where you where sat etc) so we can look in to this.

Thank you for your comments.

You had Lamb or Gammon which seemed an odd selection, everyone else wanted Pork or Beef which is why then ended up ordering burgers. They all liked the burgers though.

I did not complain as there was nothing really wrong with the food, your at the higher end price wise for a Sunday roast so I guess I just expected it to be a bit better.

I shall try work out when it was and PM you with my suggestions!!

:)

Italian Theme Night

Saturday 23rd January 2010

3 courses £20 per person

Starters

Calamari Fritte

Crispy calamari coated in egg whites and seasoned flour, deep fried and served with our marinara sauce

Insalate Caprese

Sliced beefsteak tomatoes, fresh mozzarella cheese; drizzled with Balsamic Vinaigrette

Sausage & Peppers

Italian Sausage, Roasted Peppers &: Caramelized Onions

Homemade Creamy Chicken Potato Soup

Fresh Herbs & Vegetables with Roasted Chicken

Mains

Homemade Italian Pot Roast

Tender braised beef slowly cooked in a rich red wine sauce. Garnished with pappardelle pasta, carrots, fennel, peas, caramelized onions and button mushrooms

Chicken Saltimbocca

Chicken breasts lightly breaded and topped with fresh sage, prosciutto and provolone cheese; served in a light veal sauce with caramelized onions

Fettuccine Alfredo, Broccoli

Traditional fettuccine noodles tossed with broccoli and garlic in a creamy Alfredo sauce

Garlic Shrimp Linguine

Linguine pasta tossed with sautéed gulf shrimp and roasted garlic, white wine, fresh tomatoes and basil in a shrimp sauce

Desserts

Tiramisu

Ladyfinger cookies soaked in espresso and coffee liqueur layered with mascarpone cheese; dusted with cocoa powder and served with chocolate

Crème Brulee

Rich and creamy vanilla custard with a hint of citrus, caramelized sugar crust, topped with fresh raspberries

Homemade Profiteroles

Pastry shell filled with fresh whipped cream drizzled with chocolate sauce

Caramelised Banana Cheesecake

Rich creamy topping with crumbly biscuit base

If you are going to give us a try, please come down this Thursday (OCTOBER THE 1ST).

We are having a special Caribbean night with a steel pan band for later.

We have a lot of our regulars and locals coming, and families too.

Also, thank you for you positive comments on this forum, this feedback from people in Sheffield is crucial in steering our business in the right direction.

I do feel I have to answer some of the negative ones though....

Although it has been a recession, this year has been a fantastic one with your support, and we are looking forward to another great Christmas, so book soon!

We have several comments on here that say we are expensive, please could you let us know by email or phone which dishes on our menu are expensive, and which other eateries do you base this on. Because we are an independent, we can change our prices by, well, this lunch time!!

A lot of research and time has gone in to the pricing of our dishes based on the following constraints

1. value for money on a plate and what it looks like

2. our competitors prices, and the going market rate for a particular dish

3. the mark up, or GP% (gross profit margin) which all restaurants use which is based on how expensive the products that make up a dish to buy in.

If we have got it wrong, could any one really tell us what the dishes are which are expensive?

Looking forward to you comments, and we hope to see you this Thursday.

Well all of the stuff on the downstairs menu at The Milestone is cheaper (£3 or £4 per dish), and yet a bigger portion and a better quality meal in my opinion - and without being funny your not on a par with with the upstairs so its not gonna be a good comeback.

I'm not even trying to be be mean, its not as if you guys are awful I just think that the portions are too small and the prices too high to have mass appeal. Again you are bound to disagree, but is The Milestone ever not packed to the rafters? And again you work there and will know more than me, but from what I see the same can not always be said? ( scale of building accepted )

I do love your attitude though, and hope you don't mind my opinion ( I just love food so I normally have a strong opinion! )

Edited by Smack Jack

I'm sure the place is lovely. Infact I had a really nice afternoon drinking there the other summer.

But that place has always had login aliases whoring the place out on this forum. It's so blatent. lol

:D

I really like the Dam House for drinks, coffee, service and, of course, the lovely surroundings but I've never been a big fan of the food.

Originally, I just thought this was 'cos I was veggie and the Dam House's veggie options all seem uninspired and very cheese-centric (not my cup of tea) but bringing friends who'll eat anything there, they seemed a bit underwhelmed too. It's not that any of the food I've had there has ever been bad - but, for the price paid, there doesn't seem to be much excitement on the plate.

Still, I will continue going there for drinks and the very friendly service - but it'll take a bit of revamp of the menu to make me fork out for dinner there again!

I'd heard good things about Dam house and will definately be giving it a try. :)

Edited by claire1982