Where to buy a decent washing machine ?

Our machine has gone wonky after near 20 years and we need another. Got young kids so need a decent brand, Miele is too pricey so maybe looking at Siemens

What are the good brands these days ? Looking for at least 15 years out of the new one

John Lewis seem pretty good and we plan to go to Apollo at w/e but cant find any decent online appliance dealers, they all seem to have gone . . .

Is there such a thing as a good online applicance seller these days ?

Don't hold your breath for 15 years use out of a new one!!! I think about 7 is the new 15, if you are lucky, unless you go for a Miele, very expensive, but worth every penny!

You`ll get 2 year guarantee at john lewis. Don`t get inde****! Bosch is good and reasonably priced.

If you can cope with the selection try the online catalogue stores and use the 30% off code which is OOX57 if I recall. I have my new one coming on Wednesday and saved over £140.

Be sure to compare between Littlewoods, Littlewoods Direct - now known as Very, Marshall Ward etc, they are all the same company but have different prices.

Anyone else fancying a bargain, same goes, use the code on anything up to £500.

hi

Commet got very good offers on washing machines.

worth to have look and also comet online auctions?

go to comet.co.uk and click on online auctions.

This is my next washing machine. Made in Sweden by ISE it comes with a 10 year guarantee. AAA rated also.

thanks for the info folks, not seen the Comet auction stuff before

It seems the online bargains just arent there any more - where did Empire Direct and all that lot go ?

Were happy to get graded/ex display as it is only going in the outhouse, but you dont seem to save much and there is no way of know where it came from - Currys in town had an "ex display" Miele for £450, but they dont sell Miele . . .

So we ordered the cheapest Siemens from Coles today, comes with 5 year guarantee and it was as cheap as any online store when you added in free delivery

Miele were lovely but at least £200 (near 50%) more, the ISE does look funky but at close to £800 (near double the Siemens price) we would struggle to justify the cost in our house

Fingers crossed it does last as well as our 17 y.o. Bosch. Dont know why I bothered searching so hard, may as well have just gone to Coles in the first place like we usually do