Best way to get to East Midlands airport?

Train to Derby or Nottingham then shuttle bus every half hr from outside both stations.

Done it a few times by car, same or less than a taxi, park outside terminal building, no need for shuttle bus. M1 south then signposted all the way. No probs.

Driving is easy, and you can park quite cheaply within walking distance of the terminal. Remember to allow extra time on the M1 as there is a long stretch of roadworks between junctions 28 and 25 (around 15 miles), as well as just south of Sheffield.

Train to Derby or Nottingham then shuttle bus every half hr from outside both stations.

agree... I know the East Midlands Parkway station is there to service the airport, but I reckon this is the quicker option as you don't have to change onto another train. Bus from Nottingham or Derby takes about 30mins. You can end up waiting 20mins at Derby for the connection to East Midlands Parkway.

The Airport is 5 minutes off the M1 motorway which can be reached in an hour from anywhere in Sheffield.

Thanks for all the suggestions. If it really is as easy to get there by car as everyone says, I think I've been persuaded to drive. Let's hope I don't get lost and miss my flights!

Thanks for all the suggestions. If it really is as easy to get there by car as everyone says, I think I've been persuaded to drive. Let's hope I don't get lost and miss my flights!

You would be an idiot if you get lost driving to EMA.

Check out National Express flightlink service,I believe it is pretty regular and takes about a hour and a half

Any advice on the best way to travel to East Midlands airport?

My options appear to be:

a. Getting the train to Derby and then getting the shuttle bus from there to the airport.

b. Driving and paying to park whilst I'm away (although I'm rubbish at finding my way anywhere so any advice as to how easy it is to find would be useful!)

c. Getting a return taxi from Sheffield, but have no idea how much this would cost.

Any advice much appreciated.

Thanks,

Ruby

CAR us a pratnav

Drive!

We have done it a couple of times! If you book the carparking online its cheaper as well and the carpark is in walking distance to the airport!!!

there should be a train straight from sheffield to east midlands, will double check for you