Log-in features on websites, do you like or HATE!!

Hi

I would like to know whether having a log-in function on a webiste puts people off from buying on that site????

i.e. when you place something in your basket and then youi have to create an account before you can purchase your item, does this put you off from buying the product.

Edited by AccountClosed2
added to quote

I think it can do, I like websites that give you the offer of signing up or not like Argos, I have in the past gone to buy something on a whim to end up not getting it through not feeling bothered to go through all the jargon of signing up and waiting for the activation code and then i think they only want it to spam it

So I think it's better to give the customer a choice :)

Actually, I find it even better when they simply say "want to create an account? pick a password" on the order page - because all the other information needed to register you is already being supplied.

If that makes sense. I want an account but I don't want the registration process to be separate from the checkout process.

Hi

What do you think about the log-in on my website.

It it easy to use or should I get rid of it all together???

Please help as I need your advice

Tom

I think you should use a log in system if the benefits are not having to re enter all my delivery/billing details when I return. There's got to be a benefit most people know that if they register once, they won't have to fill in all these details again. Most these days offer both - option to login/sign up without any benefits or breeze through without having to login

I think it can do, I like websites that give you the offer of signing up or not like Argos, I have in the past gone to buy something on a whim to end up not getting it through not feeling bothered to go through all the jargon of signing up and waiting for the activation code and then i think they only want it to spam it

So I think it's better to give the customer a choice :)

My thoughts exactly.