Huntsman Pub, Barnsley Road

hiya what no. swanbourne did you live

Hi lived at 102..

Anyone used to go in the huntsman, my mum and dad used to work there, margaret an jim, back when mick an sue pinder used to run it. Used to be a good pub an always remember going down to watch the star walk with my sister as it went past

Blimey you've got a good memory, I've lived just down road from Huntsman since 1955 and it must be 20 years since it was a good pub:hihi::hihi::hihi:

Last time i went in was about 1969 it was a right dump, Tetleys beer if i remember correctly,used to go in with billy sykes from deerlands ave.

spent many hours playing outside the huntsman back in the 60's

my grandparents lived on swanbourne rd

my grandad would sit in tap room keeping an eye on us, if we were lucky he would buy us a bottle of pop from the off sales.....and then tell us to bugger off home

Sad that it is no more, been replaced by appartment blocks.

Me too!! My nanan and grandad lived on Deerlands Ave and we spent many an hour playing outside of the Huntsman I loved the off sales and you could buy those packets with a pickled onion a bit of cheese and a ritz cracker in it!! Also a treat for me would be a packet of nibits! When i was nearly five I was trying to balance on the railings that ran round the grass and fell off and broke my arm very badly I had to spend the summer holidays in Ingoldmells (leaky caravan, gas light smell) with my arm in plaster! I think I have spoke to you before Shazny we lived on Foxhill cres

Hi lived at 102..

My granparents lived at 111:)

it was my nanan may commanders second home..

Often accompanied by my mates mom, Kath Cowling :)

Hi lived at 102..

my gran lived at 92.....edna charlesworth, a big woman with a big mouth lol :) loved her to bits :)

Anyone remember Steve Bloomer being the landlord at the Huntsman ex council paviour also had the Basset or Beagle on the Fox Hill estate.

I went in when I was young,my mum shirleen worked there far a bit we lived on swanbourne,it was my nanan may commanders second home..

I knew Edna commander off Deerlands av she was a diamond and a right character took no stick off anyone her hubby was under constant pressure he used to sneek off to Alex in town but she always found him LOL

I worked at The Huntsman,before Mick Pinder,for Mick & Christine Meagan in the early 70s.I started a football team up there.When I left a little fella called Eddie(can't think of his surname) he was a councillor I think.Then a fella called Ted Whittles took the team over.moved from there to the Sicey Hotel and,remarkably.kept going well into the 90s.Good times.A few names been mentioned who I worked with for a good few years,Strutty,Big Ron and his brother Albert.Also,my sister and brother in law Fay & Jim went in there,they lived just across the road on Barnsley Rd.

A bit before my time. But I do have the huntsman sign that used to be on the wall on the main entrance. I use it as a garden ornament. I would upload the picture but I'm not sure how to do it

called in a few times in the late sixties with billy sykes he lived on deerlands ave.tetleys if I remember right.