Huntsman Pub, Barnsley Road

called in a few times in the late sixties with billy sykes he lived on deerlands ave.tetleys if I remember right.

Deffo tetleys handpump used to drink with Wayne brown lol he had 6 brothers and one sister good old days !

I know its an old thread...but I must confess to being the guy that took the bulldozer there that demolished the pub building in 205.I really liked that pub as well as it had a kids room round that back that we used to go in when our kids were growing up,fond memories of that pub it was a good pub in its day..

I know its an old thread...but I must confess to being the guy that took the bulldozer there that demolished the pub building in 205.I really liked that pub as well as it had a kids room round that back that we used to go in when our kids were growing up,fond memories of that pub it was a good pub in its day..

Ah in 80s lol

I went in when I was young,my mum shirleen worked there far a bit we lived on swanbourne,it was my nanan may commanders second home..

I worked with your mum Shirleen behind the bar in the 70s

A bit before my time. But I do have the huntsman sign that used to be on the wall on the main entrance. I use it as a garden ornament. I would upload the picture but I'm not sure how to do it

Hi-

Did you manage to get a picture of it? If so can you email to sheffieldpubs@outlook.com

I am researching a book about pubs in Sheffield and i'd love to see the sign.

Cheers

jamie

Hi all i know this is an old post,just joined. the first landlord of the Huntsman was Jack Harrison.

Hi all i know this is an old post,just joined. the first landlord of the Huntsman was Jack Harrison.

Mick had it when I went in a good family estate pub everyone knew each other and all got on Mick and sue pinder great couple a lotways good for strap till payday lol

Edited by bantycock
names

Had my first ever alcoholic drink at the Hunstman. I was terrified that the police would come and arrest me, so sat outside with my baby Cham. The police regularly came into the pubs back then looking for under age drinkers.

I have great childhood memories of the place in the eighties and nineties. If anyone is able to share information about the place and photographs of the days when it was open that would be great. I remember often having the "kids room" at the back to myself and playing on the arcade machine that was in there at the back of the room.

Edited by Yeah but

Does anyone know what year the Huntsman shut? I think it was around 2002 

used to pop in for a swift one after doing the big shop at Hillards,

Used to play guitar as part of a trio there on  Sunday night's around 81/82. We were paid a fiver plus there was a whip round which usually was another fiver