Anyone do their driving test at the parkway test centre?

'Cos i got mine there in 3 days :(

Experiences?

What route did you go on and do they always take you on the parkway?

Do you mean the handsworth test centre ?

handsworth test centre closed down and is now called the parkway test centre, not sure if its the same location or not

I didn't but just wanted to say good luck! I know how nerve-racking it is :)

Do they always take you on the parkway?

Not always. 1 route out of 16 doesn't :)

Read the test routes (or try some of them out if you want to familiarise yourself).

If you've got a half decent driving instructor, you'll have already driven half of these routes already.

Routes 1-5: http://www.dsa.gov.uk/Download.asp?path=%2FDocuments%2FTestRoutes%2FSheffield%5FParkway%5FCar%5FRoutes%5F1%2D5%2Epdf

Routes 6-10: http://www.dsa.gov.uk/Download.asp?path=%2FDocuments%2FTestRoutes%2FSheffield%5FParkway%5FCar%5FRoutes%5F6%2D10%2Epdf

Routes 11-15: http://www.dsa.gov.uk/Download.asp?path=%2FDocuments%2FTestRoutes%2FSheffield%5FParkway%5FCar%5FRoutes%5F11%2D15%2Epdf

Route 16: http://www.dsa.gov.uk/Download.asp?path=%2FDocuments%2FTestRoutes%2FSheffield%5FParkway%5FCar%5FRoute%5F16%2Epdf

Good luck, I have my theory test next week eek! then il be booking my practical straight away.. Let us know how you get on x

Im confused !!! Is this the test center on Orgreave ind est ?? or the one above Asda just off the parkway ?? Do'h..

I took my test at the parkway last Wednesday. Passed, with two minor errors, one of which I will be raising a concern with the DVLA in relation to, as I now see the test is both individualistic and subjective.

My test route took me onto the Parkway, then to Crystal Peaks, then to Prince of Wales Road, down to Darnal, then along Attercliffe Road and back into the test centre.

I took my test at the parkway last Wednesday. Passed, with two minor errors, one of which I will be raising a concern with the DVLA in relation to, as I now see the test is both individualistic and subjective.

My test route took me onto the Parkway, then to Crystal Peaks, then to Prince of Wales Road, down to Darnal, then along Attercliffe Road and back into the test centre.

Don't quite understand why you would want to take up one of the driving errors with the DVLA (you should try the DSA instead) since you will be the first person in history to query a pass!

Subjective? Well the examiners' training and checks down by their superiors will allow the DSA to claim they are doing all they can to remove a lot of an examiner's subjectivity. By contrast, the ex's have been accused of being a little too rigid and robotic, marking only what they see.

See what response you get!

thanks for those links.

My situation is I took my theroy test 2 years ago without taking any lessons at all and managed to pass it first time. But I was a broke student who lived close to uni so I never started with my actual lessons. Theory tests exprie after 2 years if you dont complete you practical test and as mine expires on August the 8th i've only had 12 driving lessons with 2 more in the next 2 weeks so 14 lessons in total before my actual test, and no, I haven't driven around the parkway test centre at all :(

Is it going to take a miracle?

Don't quite understand why you would want to take up one of the driving errors with the DVLA (you should try the DSA instead) since you will be the first person in history to query a pass!

Subjective? Well the examiners' training and checks down by their superiors will allow the DSA to claim they are doing all they can to remove a lot of an examiner's subjectivity. By contrast, the ex's have been accused of being a little too rigid and robotic, marking only what they see.

See what response you get!

#

And I meant the DSA, obviously!..

I approached some traffic lights, with a two car gap between the lights and a keep clear section. On approaching the lights they turned red, at which I stopped behind the keep clear sign, as there was two cars already in front of it. I was told there was room for three cars, when in-fact there was old room for two. I was told in an abrupt manner ‘what I say is final’. I will show him what’s final, when I take my tape measure, measure the gap, then explore the average length of a car, then I will forward my compliant to DSA. What they say in answer to my complaint will then be final!. Thank-you much!

Im confused !!! Is this the test center on Orgreave ind est ?? or the one above Asda just off the parkway ?? Do'h..

The new one near CostCo/Macro ...

The one near to Asda shut in March this year after many, many years (I took my test there in 1977.)