Cheapest place for fitting watch batteries in Sheffield?

diy !!!!!!!!

jewellers screw pack from pound land

cell battery @ poundland

£2 + own time

Only good if you have a very basic watch! Some fancier types require larger / more powerful batteries, that poundland do not stock :)

x

Go to the pound shop and buy a pack of differant size batteries and do it yourself.

I've a Seiko Chronograph, the watch was about £380, took it to a pretty reputable high street jeweller who proceeded to virtually destroy it, had to post it off to Seiko who ended up having to swap the movement for £80.

Live n learn.

Not of use to the original poster as it is in Rotherham but may be of use to someone else looking at the thread...

I had a new battery put in my Gucci watch yesterday at Lionels in Rotherham and it cost me £3.30.

It is a small shop in the courtyard area between Wilkinsons and Tescos. I think he does repairs as well.

The Gold Den in Crystal Peaks market about £4 last time i got mine done

Watch Doctor in Medowhall

Prices vary according to type of battery required but they saved me £10 on another shop in Medowhall,near the fishy feet shop, who also damaged the back of my friends watch when they repaired his watch

TJ HUghes on ground floor - £2.50 for a Sekonda one. Year's guarantee given with it as well.

If you decide to do it yourself- don't be tempted to go for the batteries that have all different types on a card, they're Ultra cheap Chinese rubbish and will invariably leak the alkaline solution into your watch and rot the contacts away rendering it useless :mad:

I've changed thousands of batteries, it's a false economy not to buy decent ones;)

Biggsy :)

It's a good while ago but I used to get watch straps fitted for £2 at the stall in Chapletown market, although he's only there either on Tues. or Thurs. can't quite remember which. Batteries varied depending whether they were 2yr, 5yr etc.

Well it won't be Thursday as Chap market is Tues and Friday, Best place and they give guarantee is TJ Hughes

Watch Doctor in Medowhall

Prices vary according to type of battery required but they saved me £10 on another shop in Medowhall,near the fishy feet shop, who also damaged the back of my friends watch when they repaired his watch

Seconded. Everyone else were quoting 60 quid for a new battery in mine, but Watch Doctor did it for 12 quid which included drop testing the watch to make sure it was still waterproof.