Kickboxing Club Exposed!!

Has anyone here read Exposed magazine? there a magazine that seem to be everyhwere these days. By far the most credible magazine of its Ilk, i.e. free advertising publications. If you read the july issue youll see that theres a whole double page spread on AFK kickboxing club. Its about a journalist popping into the sidney street gym in town for a quick workout. Then you see him punchin the pads then doing sit ups. Theres even an interview with Tony Stuchberry and he tells about how he lost a couple of fights then won the rest by 1st round Knockout!

The rest is publicity with a photo of Yousif Ibrahim with his 2 Championship belts.

Well done AFK on getting such exposure!

AFK gets my Seal of approval.

where is this club? What kind of kickboxing is it?

yeah i had a look but all i see is a wee forum and its no bad now where are they?

I found all this , are they genuine or is this usual marketing ?

" AFK is a complete kickboxing club with something for everyone.

We do teach proper kickboxing and not a watered down Karate/Kung Fu system (believe me there are lots of karate/kung fu clubs out there that use the kickboxing name to "cash in" on its popularity).

We cater for all kinds of people from all walks of life:

* Both Genders, young and old

* All body types , wether physically fit or muscular to overweight or even underweight , many under weight weak skinny youths have put on lean muscle mass from training in kickboxing and many who were previously overweight have dropped a couple of dress sizes!

We cater for all different training needs and requirements.

* Those who want to get fitter

*Those wanting to go through the Grading system and one day earn the coveted BLACK BELT.

* Those wanting to compete as an AMATEUR or as a PRO.

AFK offer prospective fighters the chance to fight on our own shows or even to travel and represent the club.

A local Brazilian Ju Jitsu club use us on a regular basis for their stand up training that helps them compete in "Mixed Martial Arts" tournaments (both in the ring and the cage!)

*Those wishing to learn to defend themselves using techniques that actually work!!!

Overall , AFK is a friendly club that are capable of catering for everyone from complete beginners and also have the calibre necessary to train serious contenders for contests."

great int it just what ur club needed we dont think our fighters are well known yet but i supose we figth away alot but we will get there

great int it just what ur club needed we dont think our fighters are well known yet but i supose we figth away alot but we will get there

The truth is that a lot of clubs actually FEAR AFK, more importantly they fear our club getting more exposure.

The proof is in the pudding. Everytime we get any success, the clubs I speak about (they know who they are) hide under their blankets and pretend they dont know! LOL

Come on then, which clubs? Name and shame!

yeah i had a look but all i see is a wee forum and its no bad now where are they?

We do teach proper kickboxing and not a watered down Karate/Kung Fu system (believe me there are lots of karate/kung fu clubs out there that use the kickboxing name to "cash in" on its popularity).

* All body types , wether physically fit or muscular to overweight or even underweight , many under weight weak skinny youths have put on lean muscle mass from training in kickboxing and many who were previously overweight have dropped a couple of dress sizes!

*Those wanting to go through the Grading system and one day earn the coveted BLACK BELT.

AFK offer prospective fighters the chance to fight on our own shows or even to travel and represent the club.

A local Brazilian Ju Jitsu club use us on a regular basis for their stand up training that helps them compete in "Mixed Martial Arts" tournaments (both in the ring and the cage!)

*Those wishing to learn to defend themselves using techniques that actually work!!!

Overall , AFK is a friendly club that are capable of catering for everyone from complete beginners and also have the calibre necessary to train serious contenders for contests."

More than just hye, i have started training here and the training is second to none.

Hi Casper

We are in the town centre (perfect central location)

KNOX Boxing gym

77 Sidney Street

Sheffield

S1 4RG

We are down the street from Decathlon Sports shop and Niche Nightclub.

Next door to a place called Amanda's Cafe

Our training times are:

BEGINNERS CLASSES :

MON/THUR @ 830PM

WOMENS ONLY CLASS= THURSDAY 730PM

We also have a Class for EVERYONE , old and young , male and female. All can attend from beginners to fighters.

Tuesday 6-730pm :

http://www.theforge-ma.co.uk

Now our FIGHTERS CLASSES are :

MON/FRI= 7-830pm (these classes are NOT for the faint hearted !)

Yo chief

Would like to try kick boxing, but don't want to get punched (it hurts)

What do you suggest for would be kick boxers who don't like getting hit ?

Yo chief

Would like to try kick boxing, but don't want to get punched (it hurts)

What do you suggest for would be kick boxers who don't like getting hit ?

I suggest that you come to a beginners class, work on the bags (bags dont hit back) , punch and kick the pads as hard as you want and when time comes for sparring, just say that youre too tired and use the bags instead (there are quite a few people who do this).

Sparring is optional in the beginners class and no one is forced to take part in that part of training.