Brussels chiefs want to outlaw beer garden ciggie areas

You make me laugh. In the last few years around 80 countries have imposed smoking bans similar to the one in the UK. Many have followed it up by further legislation that placed further restrictions on where smoking can take place.

Bans for smoking outside pubs/clubs are widespread and some countries are banning smoking at outside public spaces such as parks and beaches. Some have banned smoking in cars where children might be carried.

You can dream about your personal Utopia, but it won't make it happen. Restrictions are being continually increased because over the years smokers have shown too little consideration for others. The more people fight to bend the rules the more likely they are to be tightened.

HEY....I am talking of what I have SEEN WITH MY OWN EYES in both Greece and Spain, last year. Bars ARE ignoring the ban and the authorities ARE turning a blind eye. Both countries are in recession and need to attract tourists. LOL...in Greece the authorities cannot even get motorcyclists to wear a crash helmet! Unjust rules CAN and WILL be ignored....AND RIGHTLY SO!

England do tend more than other Eoropean countries to follow idiotic laws blindly, but it will come....IT IS already here actually!:hihi::hihi::hihi:

Do you have an English version of this?

Already on your horse? OK Let me simplify it for you.

It wouldn't surprise me that we will end up having two types of pubs, ones that allow smoke anywhere and are for smokers, where non smokers are banned or if they are allowed cannot complain and pubs that ban smoking altogether and may even ban smokers.

(A bit like in america with the 'whites' only places and no im not being racist)

Did you understand that or would you like me to go down to infant school level?

P.S I could question your grammar in your title, 'Ciggie'? Starting a sentence with an 'And' . Oh yes, you missed the " off the end of your quote. :P

Edited by mightysimo

Already on your horse? OK Let me simplify it for you.

It wouldn't surprise me that we will end up having two types of pubs, ones that allow smoke anywhere and are for smokers, where non smokers are banned or if they are allowed cannot complain and pubs that ban smoking altogether and may even ban smokers.

(A bit like in america with the 'whites' only places and no im not being racist)

Did you understand that or would you like me to go down to infant school level?

P.S I could question your grammar in your title, 'Ciggie'? Starting a sentence with an 'And' . Oh yes, you missed the " off the end of your quote. :P

Not at all on my horse, and the term is high horse by the way. What you posted was total gibberish and you know it.

I will copy it here for the record.

QUOTE...

I can it happening, I can also see pubs that there will end up Either that or only in your home. being smokers only and pubs that are non smokers only.

You don't need to go down to infant school level, but going up to it would be a good start.

You could obviously question my grammar, but as I merely cut the headline from the posted link it would be meaningless. Perhaps you spent too much time behind the bike sheds.

Edited by beer

Not at all on my horse, and the term is high horse by the way. What you posted was total gibberish and you know it.

I will copy it here for the record.

QUOTE...

I can it happening, I can also see pubs that there will end up Either that or only in your home. being smokers only and pubs that are non smokers only.

You don't need to go down to infant school level, but going up to it would be a good start.

You could obviously question my grammar, but as I merely cut the headline from the posted link it would be meaningless. Perhaps you spent too much time behind the bike sheds.

Excuse me, I never had bike sheds at my school. Don't make assumptions. Also I have a degree, what do you have?

Also I left 'high' off intentionally :rolleyes:

And thirdly your reply just now, shows that you are indeed on your 'high horse' (happy now).

Edited by mightysimo

Excuse me, I never had bike sheds at my school. Don't make assumptions. Also I have a degree, what do you have?

Also I left 'high' off intentionally :rolleyes:

And thirdly your reply just now, shows that you are indeed on your 'high horse' (happy now).

She has a PHd in smokerphobia.

She sounds like the person who went off in a huff at that pub you was at. :hihi:

Oh yes, Beer, at least I have the balls to leave my mistake up on the forum and not edit them.

Also I have a degree, what do you have?

So if you have a degree, why is it that you can't string together a coherent sentence? Is it one of these degrees that you bought off the internet?

Your posting was indecipherable. I asked for a translation..

Let me refresh your memory again.

QUOTE...

If people want to kill their own kids by smoking in their home that is between their concience, themselves and social services. It is their kids' health they are damaging.

The law is there to protect the general public from smokers. It is not there to promote the use of pubs or to sell cigarettes. It is a public health issue.

If people want to kill their kids by driving them around in three litre cars through severe pollution zones CAUSED by KILLER CARS that is their problem.

So if you have a degree, why is it that you can't string together a coherent sentence? Is it one of these degrees that you bought off the internet?

Your posting was indecipherable. I asked for a translation..

Let me refresh your memory again.

QUOTE...

Now your just being a smug tw@t

Brussels chiefs want to outlaw beer garden ciggie areas

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/news/380565/EU-zealots-demand-a-ban-on-smoking-OUTSIDE-pubs.html

Brussels chiefs want to outlaw beer garden ciggie areas - and even extend the ban to open air concerts like this weekend's Glastonbury festival.

The European Commission says the current bar on smoking in enclosed public places does not go far enough. It says non-smokers in outdoor areas are still in danger from passive smoking.

It comes after a World Health Organisation report said workers such as waiters and door staff are exposed to dangerous levels of smoke outside pubs and restaurants. And the smoke can waft back inside buildings through open doors, windows and vents.

Brussels Health Commissioner Androulla Vassiliou is expected to announce plans on Tuesday. Her spokesman said: "We want to encourage EU member states to enforce the WHO convention as at the moment it is not binding

What do you think?

The sooner the better. I am fed up of having to push through smokers crowded into pub doorways and pavements covered in dog ends.