Tramlines Festival 2011

all around the city , on the message boards like this and on facebook + radio, newspapers and TV...

Hmm. I will take your word for it.

I work for Sheffields 2nd largest employer, and was greeted by a sea of blank faces when I mentioned it here. They simply had no idea. And these are people in their 20s/30s.

They know now however.............:)

I'm not sure what more could be done to promote it - I've been seeing flyers, posters, articles, programmes all over the place for weeks now.

You should take clipboard's word for it because it has been publicised all over the city and on a number of websites, press etc.

I think it is a brilliant idea and will hopefully bring a lot of trade to the city's bars, shops and clubs etc - really hope the weather is good for it. I'm particularly excited about Slow Club at Bungalows and Bears on Friday. They are an excellent local band who are starting to get the regonition and coverage they deserve. I would advise everyone to go and see if they have the time and if not try to listen to their album.

Hope everyone has a great weekend at Tramlines

You should take clipboard's word for it because it has been publicised all over the city and on a number of websites, press etc.

I think it is a brilliant idea and will hopefully bring a lot of trade to the city's bars, shops and clubs etc - really hope the weather is good for it. I'm particularly excited about Slow Club at Bungalows and Bears on Friday. They are an excellent local band who are starting to get the regonition and coverage they deserve. I would advise everyone to go and see if they have the time and if not try to listen to their album.

Hope everyone has a great weekend at Tramlines

Perhaps - regardless, sounds good and will be attending.

In true Sheffield fashion, this has not been publicised at all well.................

ye I agree. I'm really confused by a lot of the information they're giving...but yay!!! a free festival in sheffield :hihi:

Here's what's happening at Penelopes - part of the Tramlines Fringe

Special Pseudo 54 - Live with Jamie Finlay

Friday 24th July

Doors 10pm - Late

Live Performance 10.30pm

Instead of keeping you waiting for another two months we have a one off special evening of live entertainment this Friday in conjunction with the Tramlines festival.

Pseudo54 is very proud to introduce its very first live act Jamie Finlay with his band.

Jamie Finlay is a singer, songwriter, producer and DJ from Manchester and is being tipped as “the name to watch” this year, with his vocals being compared to the likes of Prince and Al Green. Jamie's live show, with the man himself at the helm has been tearing up venues across the UK having played at London´s Jazz Cafe, Cargo and Pigalle Club

You may be familiar with Jamie’s sound which is frequently spun by the likes of Mr Scruff and Giles Peterson. Both have been plugging his releases on soul jazz label Wah Wah 45’s including ‘Little Trumpet’ and 'I Am Love EP' which journeys through soul, forward thinking club beats and spoken word. So no need for Jamie to blow his own trumpet now he’s on one of the hottest labels around.

And to complete the evening Pseudo54 residents Mike O Mara and Chris Feinmann of Development Manchester will be spinning some soulful house and disco vibes into the early hours.

This is gonna be something special and even better the event is totally FREE of charge so no excuses.

Here's a Link to the event

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=113977888400&ref=mf

Here's a link to Jamie Finlay

http://www.myspace.com/jamiefinlay

Saturday 25th July

9pm - Late

First Live Performance 9.30pm

First Word Records.... The finest Hip Hop, Soul, Funk, Jazz & Beats since 2003.

First Word Records was born in 2003 as a collaboration between promoter Aly Gillani and deejay Andy H. Frustrated by not hearing the music that they wanted to hear, the duo decided that there was a gap that needed filling. As the year came to an end a group of musicians, deejays, designers, emcees and producers had come together to cook up the fresh new sound of "Two Syllables", our debut compilation that was released in April 2004, preceded by a split 12" from Homecut Directive (ft Corinne Bailey Rae) and Tommy Evans.

Since then, the label has grown to house seven fully signed artists, including DMC regular Mike-L, Cedar (formerly of Cookin' Records), kidkanevil (of Quannum's Stateless) & the funkiest horn section in the UK, The Haggis Horns. The sound of our output has developed as we have as individuals – the foundation is still the jazzy hip hop of our first releases, but encompasses everything we love in music. Today's Mathematics' live broken beat might seem worlds apart from the retro funk of The Haggis Horns and the seismic beats of kidkanevil, but to us the common thread that runs through it all is clear. All our music is truly modern soul music – conscious lyricism, jazzy beats and heavy basslines. This is music that's equally at home at our regular club night New Bohemia as it is leaking out of your late-night headphones. Like Duke Ellington said - "If it sounds good, it is good".

Aly Gillani

So Here are the links to:

Kid Kanevil

http://www.myspace.com/kidkanevil

Laura J Martin

http://www.myspace.com/lalajmartin

Andy H

http://www.myspace.com/djandyh

First Word Records

http://www.firstwordrecords.com

See You on the Dancefloor!

Penelopes

53 - 55 Arundel Gate

Sheffield 1

We are Right Beside the Odeon, our door faces the Adsetts Building.

I imagine the stuff in the bars in the evening will be 18 but I think all the stuff on Devonshire Green is open to all.

do you have to collect tickets on the day or is it one ticket ie can I go and get a ticket on Saturday and it's valid for Sunday aswell?

Far too many pages! Confusion... of when and where...

Please, please, please, next time set up a myspace/facebook/forum - one page that directs you to the official site which is kept updated!!!! ( Middlesbrough Music Live have got this spot on!)

Anyway, in my attempt to be a musical trainspotter, this is who i want to see today (Friday). Please correct me on times or if you think I'm missing someone vital today. :-)

Little Lost David - The Bowery - no idea on time.

Slow Club - Bums - 11pm

If didn't clash, would see Errors - Harley 11.15pm (or back up if i can't get into Slow Club)

Orange 38 - Frog - 12pm

Will probably watch Heebee jeebies earlier on... and stumble on stuff... Quite fancy watching a film in the peace gardens. :)

do you have to collect tickets on the day or is it one ticket ie can I go and get a ticket on Saturday and it's valid for Sunday aswell?

You have to queue up and get a ticket on each individual day I believe. On the subject of these does anyone know if it's possible to get more than 1 ticket per person? Reason is I have a friend who really wants to go on the Saturday but they're working all morning and by the time they finish and get down to devonshire green it's highly unlikely there'll be any left

I'm told each person can get two tickets.