Tramlines Festival 2011

It is going to be one in one out, but will be able to go straight into the arena, rather than having to queue seperately

How will this work for a child who cannot stand for very long? Last year her friends were able to queue on her behalf, but will they be able to do that this year? Presumably there will be queues whilst waiting for someone to come out. Is there a separate disabled access? She is very reluctant to take her wheelchair as she feels it makes her stand out too much as different.

How will this work for a child who cannot stand for very long? Last year her friends were able to queue on her behalf, but will they be able to do that this year? Presumably there will be queues whilst waiting for someone to come out. Is there a separate disabled access? She is very reluctant to take her wheelchair as she feels it makes her stand out too much as different.

Personally I am unsure. I will ask and find out.

Speaking as a disabled person who has that exact same problem (by virtue of having Cerebral Palsy hemiplegia) my advice would be to email the organisers and get a queue jump facility sorted for her and a friend. Under the Disability Discrimination Act service providers (ie an event like Tramlines) are obliged to make reasonable adjustments for the benefit of disabled people should they need it. Asking for a queue jump to be arranged for her and a friend (so she's not on her own) is a very reasonable request and I've no doubt that the Tramlines folks will be happy to implement it for her :-)

On the subject of her not wanting to be perceived as different, I can completely empathise with that, I felt like that when I was a kid too. But then when I reached adulthood I realised that there's absolutely nothing wrong with being different and having a disability and now if I need to take a chair with me (I have a little fold up stool that you can carry on your shoulder that I use occasionally- eg if I'm at a music festival) I'll take it and use it and not worry about what others think. If anyone thinks any less of me then it's just indicative of the fact that they're a pathetic and insecure person and I feel sorry for them.

I'm really excited about Tramlines! My fellow bloggers and I at lovesheffield (see below) are reviewing various events and so I have a press pass to maximise my enjoyment! Roll on Friday night!

How will this work for a child who cannot stand for very long?

It's probably not the event for them? There will be a lot of standing up after the queue.

It's probably not the event for them? There will be a lot of standing up after the queue.

I don't know, she really enjoyed it last year, but that was when her friends had queued for her ticket. There is a lot of space where they can sit down I think.

Doesn't that make your promise worthless?

Depends on the person making the promise really. The site will give them lots of advice on how to keep their promise and will get in touch from time to time to see how people are getting on. But at the end of the day its up to the person who made the promise.

The prize draw competition is just a simple device to help raise interest and awareness of the whole Sheffield is my planet project.

Personally I am unsure. I will ask and find out.

Did you manage to find out?

At the moment her friends are all planning turning up at 8am and staying all the day. This would be very difficult for my daughter, and she has already had a few comments from her less understanding friends about her being too lazy to get up off her arse to get tickets :(

I will give Jared's idea of emailing them a try, but if last year is anything to go by, my request will be ignored.

I didn't think it was a ticketed system this year? :?