Tramlines Festival 2011

It was ace. I spent most of the afternoon at Devonshire Green. Not really a fan of Reverend and the Makers, but was very impressed, made feel proud to be a Sheffielder.

Well done to everyone involved in Tramlines. To organise a successful event in such a short time frame was brilliant.

I agree with other posters that Sheffield did feel like a proper city. The only let down yesterday was the weather. I really hope that Tramilines is on again next year and will be bigger and even better!

Well done to everyone involved in Tramlines. To organise a successful event in such a short time frame was brilliant.

I agree with other posters that Sheffield did feel like a proper city. The only let down yesterday was the weather. I really hope that Tramilines is on again next year and will be bigger and even better!

:hihi::hihi: they'd been planning this for 2 years

I thought overall it was a great event for Sheffield. Was it just me or did Preston call us all bigots at the end of his set?

Great weekend...For a first shot at a city festival...which is what we have been needing for years...Well done to everyone involved and to the folks who came and had fun whatever the weather...Bring it on for 2110...

...Bring it on for 2110...

i really hope we dont have to wait quite that long!!!!

i have to admit, a lot of tramlines has passed me by as i was busy at the vintage fair all weekend and had to work the evenings at the pub. but i did manage to get a golden pass from a friend and made it to the reverend and the makers gig last night....which didnt disappoint. and even though the rain was relentless, it almost added to the fun of the evening.

i really hope that this is seen by all those who will affect the future planning as a success and that it happens again next year.

x

I went to tramlines on Saturday, didn't bother trying to get a ticket, so just went to Tesco to buy some drinks and sat on the road outside Pizza Express, perfectly able to hear the music, and very presently surprised when Athlete started playing. It would be wonderful if this could become bigger in the future, moving the main stage to one of the parks on the edge of town. Ive never been, but Middlesbrough seem to do a good thing with their free live music city event.

I thought overall it was a great event for Sheffield. Was it just me or did Preston call us all bigots at the end of his set?

not surprised. everyone was booing him and cussing him for the whole thing. also i think some people were a bit preoccupied watching the somalian people and that lady arguing, haha.

is that what was going on in that big circle? i thought some people were break dancing to Preston?!

Edited by jdgraham83

That was a brilliant event. And for free! People whinging really should be thankful for what was on offer.

Saturday I went down Division Street and it was a fantastic atmosphere. Everyone was smiling and (although there was trouble) I personally didnt see a single person causing bother.

Sunday was also brilliant. After watching my mate play at the Green Room and walked over the road and got a ticket for the main stage. Didnt queue. No fuss. This was about half 6.

Although it chucked it down, the atmosphere was brilliant, everyone singing and dancing and just having a good time.

And I loved the range of people there. From young kids with parents, to older couples to groups of teenage mates and young professionals. Brilliant stuff.

I really hope this becomes an annual thing. It seemed to be a roaring success judging by the amount of people around.

People it seems will whinge about anything if they get half a chance. People should lighten up and be proud of their city and what was put on. I was proud to be able to walk from my house on Eccy Road to see this 'urban glastonbury'

Fantastic

is that what was going on in that big circle? i thought some people were break dancing to Preston?!

That's an idea, breakdancing to Preston for Charity.

Hi - I was one of the organisers - I joined this thing years ago but i have never quite got round to saying anything. Anyway i thought it was really amazing to see the positive atmosphere in the middle of sheffield. Next year is a good idea but we hope that some of this atmosphere can come out every week. One of the big reasons for this festival is that as venues we were all looking at maybe going bust. so we needed to get Sheffield back on the map. Everyone involved in it has been blown away by how successful it was.

There were loads of mistakes but we did put this together in about four months (not the two years suggested somewhere else).

Exposed did an excellent job for us and the design was pretty much a copy of the glastonbury guide. The programme was confusing in part because we still didn't really know who was playing where when we went to press.

Our communication could be better - but massive respect to Matt and Chris who pulled together a daily newssheet.

I am sure it can be improved, but it worked only because everyone worked together on it.

Amazing. Thank You