I am shocked at this lhasa cross dalmation

Why oh why do people feel the need to !buy! dogs there are so many dogs in rescue where people have now decided being fairweather owners that with the current climate they cant afford there toys anymore if anyone wants a dog then go to rescue centres and the kennel club will even give you the names of centres that deal with a specific breed there are so so so many pooches out there and if they feel they need to waste money on paying silly money then donate it to the various rescues that need help

Actually, I've been on the cavalier rescue register for a year and nothing has come up...

I would happily have taken a rescue, but it just didn't materialize!

i have a jack Russell x poodle jackadoodle,i paid half the price they are advertised for thy sell at around £400, if any thing happened to him i would but another no problem.

just to add my jackadoodle was 10 months old when i bought him previous owner had to move away.i was not looking at any breed in particular to get but is temperament and behavior with my kid and her friends is brilliant and would highly recommend a jackadoodle as a family pet and i wouldn't hesitate to pay £500 for this breed when the time comes

paul

I love a good old heinz 57 ... healthier, longer life and its pure guess work what they'll look like when they reach adulthood.

Wouldnt a x2 cross breed be healthier than your standard pedegree? surely your adding to the gene pool, my mega brill pedegree cavy has had a truck load of health problems, lovely dog but she's had 3 paws in the gave for the last 5 years ... and she's only 8 ! ... so much for pedegrees

Actually, I've been on the cavalier rescue register for a year and nothing has come up...

I would happily have taken a rescue, but it just didn't materialize!

I've been on bxoxer rescue list for an age with no offers. I homecheck for them and i know the waiting lists are long and that people end up buying from breeders.

Just like me.....

If its not an approved KC breed it's a mongrel i'm afraid. It's like calling Jordan an actress because she's on TV.

Edited by willman

The breeding for sale and the whole idea of an animal, whatever it's breeding, as a commodity is the thing that disgusts me.

I can't get overly upset about crossing, bloodlines and all that crap, tbh. A disgust for "impurities" sounds so sinister....

I've been on boxer rescue list for an age with no offers. I homecheck for them and i know the waiting lists are long and that people end up buying from breeders.

Just like me.....

If its not an approved KC breed it's a mongrel i'm afraid. It's like calling Jordan an actress because she's on TV.

that is so fantastically well put, willman.

I'm a total "second-hand-rose", because all my last umpteen pets - six dogs and seven cats were all rescues.

Out of them all, only Trix is anything like a "pedigree" (as she's a "JR") and she hasn't got papers, as the KC only recognise "parson" Jack Russells, not rough JRs.

(That's discounting the two GSDs I had, twenty-five years ago. they were rescues, but,naturally, they had no papers.)

A neighbour of mine was boasting about her new dog being a "very rare breed from America" last year when she got a pup. It was a "shorky" - turned out it was a shih-tsu cross-yorky. Again, he was a crossbreed, and no-one had any idea about the final size, health or temperament of this pup. (It didn't last long with her, before she was "shut" of him, poorthing!)

just to add my jackadoodle was 10 months old when i bought him previous owner had to move away.i was not looking at any breed in particular to get but is temperament and behavior with my kid and her friends is brilliant and would highly recommend a jackadoodle as a family pet and i wouldn't hesitate to pay £500 for this breed when the time comes

paul

My step daughter was conned into buying one of these, and whilst the dog is a cutie, she is definately a handful and nothing like the looks or size that she was "promised". I had to work hard to convince her that the dog was not a new pedigree etc, as the seller had done a good job on her.

These sellers prey on those who are naive enough to believe them and part with lots of money for a dream.

I'm afraid I might disgust you all then as my little one is a dalmatian x whippet. Saying that, I bought her before properly looking in to the pro's and cons of buying versus rescue. If I had my time again I would rescue but hindsight is a wonderful thing. The thing that gets me the most annoyed about the people I got her from, is that even though she is deaf, they are happy to continue breeding more puppies from the same two parents....!!

Mine certainly wasn't advertised as a sought after dog and was not £450.00. In fact, they charged so little that I really can't understand why they do it. it certainly can't have been for money as it will have cost them more than they charged to look after the puppies!

paul

But one JR/poodle cross could turn out totally different from another, even from the same litter- so while you love yours, the next one you buy could turn out to be a totally different size and with different temperament.

That's the down side of cross breeding, you can't guarantee the genes combining in the same way twice. It's like not writing your recipes down- when you try to repeat them, they may turn out as good next time, but you may end up with a cake that's flat as a pancake!

paul

Sorry I'm going to be really picky here. It's NOT a Jackadoodle. The 'ad' in the middle don't come from either of the breeds they come from the lab x poodle. So really you have a 'jackoodle' or a 'poorussel'. Technically you don't have either. You have a cross breed. Sorry but that's a fact.

It's just a competition between idiots now to see who can create the 'cutest', 'funniest' or most 'bizzare name by crossing 2 dogs. I've met a jack x poodle and have to say it was the friendliest dog ever but ugly as sin! The Lab x poodles look odd to me. I can't put my finger on why but they do.

It's all a stupid craze and TBH if anyone is stupid enough to pay the prices asked for these cross breeds then more fool them. I have 2 gorgeous cross breeds before anyone accuses me of being anti mutt. 1 I got from a rescue and 1 was free! They're not designer and I hope to god no one thinks of creating a designer breed based on either of my boys.

:rant::rant::rant:

I am a small time dog breeder and I dont see what you are all getting upset about, and no I only ever have purebred puppies one litter in the last 3 years. If people want these dogs and are willing to pay for them then whats that to do with us. Have not one of you got a designer pair of sunglasses or trainers that cost way more than popping down to asda, people today think they have to have certain things because they are popular, unfortunatly that means dogs too. It does alarm me when dogs that are a handful are crossed together as breeding 2 large aggressive dogs can enhance that characteristic and make a problem dog, but shihpoos and chipoos etc, not a problem for me.

The Lab x poodles look odd to me. I can't put my finger on why but they do.

the Labrador-cross-Poodles do actually have a purpose. Guide dogs for the Blind charity breed these mixes, specifically for clients who may have an allergy as the poodle part of the mixture supposedly stops them shedding.

however, hey are still mongrels!