Restaurant near mosborough

Hi All,

Looking for a restaurant within a 5-10 min drive of Mosborough, ( new to area ) any cuisine, mid price range, any recommendations ?

phoenix pub on white lane is nice, mosboro hall is nice too !

I can heartily recommend the Mossbrook at the bottom of the hill just outside Eckington.

I've never had a bad meal there, the prices are reasonable (main courses tend to start at around £8 plus)

The desserts are fantastic!.

I would also second the vote for the Pheonix, just don't go 'on spec' any time after 6pm on a Saturday, you will NOT get a table!

Really nice place, nice views on a good day, it was a no smoking pub a long time before the law changed which gives it another big tick in my book.

Edited by timjwild
added more info

It depends what you're after really -

Akhtars indian restaurant in Killamarsh was very good when it first opened, then went down hill but is meant to be very good again as its under new management. It's on the main road as you drive into Killamarsh.

Also, Mulan chinese at Renishaw - not the cheapest, but always been good.

The Mossbrook & Phoenix are good for higher end pub food.

For standard Pub Grub - a few pubs up at Barlborough and most of the pubs in Ridgeway (The Queens is the best by far).The Ridgeway Arms always seems busy (seems to attract families), but last time I ate there the food was very disappointing.

Then there's always Pizza Hut, Damons & Aamraj up at Drakehouse - these are big busy places, but not sure of the standard of the food and I don't think you'd go there for a relaxing meal, just a quick feed and home.

A bit further away - Viva Tequila at Gleadless Townend always seems very busy - good for large groups/parties & Little India across the road always seems busy.

If I think of any others I'll let you know!

Sitwell Arms in Renishaw is nice too

Many thanks for the feedback, think we will try Mosborough Hall hotel. Looks very nice, Will have to stretch the budget !