Non smokers in pub designated smoking zones.

Maybe you've not noticed it, but that's how it works for everything.

When did your MP last give you a call and ask about an issue going through the commons?

Never, come to think of it. I'm literally mad with rage.

;)

Yeah, cos there's nothing like having your food taste like an ashtray because some ignoramus can't refrain from lighting up.

Is it not enough for you that you 'non-smokers' have 90% of the pub which is smoke-free?Why go and sit near the DESIGNATED smoking area?Selfish,righteous idiots like you make my blood boil!!!People have vices!!How do you know if the smell of your food didnt affect the enjoyment of this poor guys cigarette?Would you like someone dictating to you what programmes you watch on t.v or what clothes to wear because other people didnt like them---NO!! If you want to be a dictator- <removed> AND DO IT SOMEWHERE ELSE!!!!

P.S. Your signature says it all!!!

Edited by kittenta
Removal of masked swearing

This should all be about mutual respect and toleration. I can understand both points of view here, BUT...

It occurs to me that if smokers want to antagonise non smokers who want to sit outside for a meal when the sun is shining. Those non smokers are very likely to report the smokers who smoke in pub doorways when it isn't.

Learn to co-exist children.

Just to add an additional side to this debate. Brussels now wants to ban smoking in open public places that are frequented by members of the public so beer gardens, parks and even your street could soon be off limits to smokers.

Your signature says it all!!!

So does yours!!!!

There is a pub that is quite local to me. I called there for a drink one very sunny evening last week. I took my drink outside and sat beneath this huge parasol in this designated smoking area and lit my cigarette. It was really hot in the rest of the beer garden so I welcomed the shade.

I had just lit this cigarette when I heard a voice from behind saying "Excuse me, would you mind not smoking as I am eating and I do not smoke"...I replied...."This is a designated smoking area" and continued.

She got up in a huff and fetched a member of staff to me who said..."But lady this is the smoking area" The lady and her snooty friend got up and walked out swearing that they would never visit this disgusting place again.

The member of staff and I could barely stop laughing.....

I am a non smoker myself and just cannot believe the stupidity of the women.

The smokers might not get caught, but I'll happily report the landlord and take a few photos for proof. After the first fine and the thread of loosing the license I'd guess that it'll suddenly be policed again. That's assuming that any self respecting landlord wants a venue that's unpleasant and allows it to happen in the first place.

Were you a prefect in school?

Milk monitor perhaps?

Are you a member of your local neighbourhood watch team?

Were you a prefect in school?

Milk monitor perhaps?

Are you a member of your local neighbourhood watch team?

Hows about Scout leader or chairperson of the local Womens institute ;) One thing you can say about him is he must have badly creased curtians what with all that twitching :hihi::hihi:

I can't help reflecting on the fact that the OP of this thread is currently on a ban for persistent rudeness to other forumers.

It is probably an indication that the situation may not have been exactly as set out in the OP.

I am a non smoker myself and just cannot believe the stupidity of the women.

Me neither.:loopy:

There is a pub that is quite local to me. I called there for a drink one very sunny evening last week. I took my drink outside and sat beneath this huge parasol in this designated smoking area and lit my cigarette. It was really hot in the rest of the beer garden so I welcomed the shade.

I had just lit this cigarette when I heard a voice from behind saying "Excuse me, would you mind not smoking as I am eating and I do not smoke"...I replied...."This is a designated smoking area" and continued.

She got up in a huff and fetched a member of staff to me who said..."But lady this is the smoking area" The lady and her snooty friend got up and walked out swearing that they would never visit this disgusting place again.

The member of staff and I could barely stop laughing.....

They sound like a real pair of bitches.