Non smokers in pub designated smoking zones.

smal boy,it was obvious she sat under the awning rather than take a table specifically designated elswhere for non smokers ,why would she do that ? dont you think that she thought ..sod it i can sit and do what i like despite what the sign says..pure and simple arrogance on her part

YES! Why can people not see this? :D

Yes, she did politly ask, but that does not prove that she was there before him he might have been sat there supping his drink before she turned up ;)

Also it's not wrong for a smoker to assume another person in a smoking area is not a non smoker? How did he know? Don't you think it's silly to ask someone who you think doestthe same as you?

Don't you think it's stupid for example to go in a pub and go to the bar then say to the person stood/sat at said bar, who is not the barstaff "Excuse me, do you mind that I buy and drink a beverage from here?"

I think it is.

So it isn't polite to ask if someone is eating whether they mind if you smoke, regardless if the person eating smokes or not?

Waiting for the OP is exactly what she was doing. She could have sat anywhere in the large beer garden, but chose to sit in the smoking area. Sooner or later someone's gonna spark up, then she gets to tell them what to do. And fail.

Epic Fail :hihi:

Aww gawd...here we go. The diner was there first, they were already eating. She was sat in a VERY CLEARLY MARKED designated smoking are IN THE CORNER OF A LARGE BEER GARDEN. She could have sat anywhere in the beer garden, the smoking area forms a small part of it, but she chose to sit in the DESIGNATED SMOKING AREA. I sat in THE DESIGNATED SMOKING AREA because I cannot smoke inside and do not wish to annoy people in the MASSIVE area outside the smoking area which constitutes the rest of the beer garden. It is my guess that she sat there because she felt the need to be confrontational....she got her desire! SO....really I was merely satisfying her needs....I am considerate that way!

So it isn't polite to ask if someone is eating whether they mind if you smoke, regardless is the person eating smokes or not?

Yes, it would be polite to ask. But did she ask him if it was ok to sit down and eat near him? I know people who hate it when people sit near them and then scoff their face full of food, with their mouths normally open and you can clearly hear them eat. Oh and then they usually talk with their mouths full...

Even so she did not have to go off in a huff, as segasonic has said I would not be surprised if she did it on purpose.

Aww gawd...here we go. The diner was there first, they were already eating. She was sat in a VERY CLEARLY MARKED designated smoking are IN THE CORNER OF A LARGE BEER GARDEN. She could have sat anywhere in the beer garden, the smoking area forms a small part of it, but she chose to sit in the DESIGNATED SMOKING AREA. I sat in THE DESIGNATED SMOKING AREA because I cannot smoke inside and do not wish to annoy people in the MASSIVE area outside the smoking area which constitutes the rest of the beer garden. It is my guess that she sat there because she felt the need to be confrontational....she got her desire!

Be careful not to make assumptions. :rolleyes:

Aww gawd...here we go. The diner was there first, they were already eating. She was sat in a VERY CLEARLY MARKED designated smoking are IN THE CORNER OF A LARGE BEER GARDEN. She could have sat anywhere in the beer garden, the smoking area forms a small part of it, but she chose to sit in the DESIGNATED SMOKING AREA. I sat in THE DESIGNATED SMOKING AREA because I cannot smoke inside and do not wish to annoy people in the MASSIVE area outside the smoking area which constitutes the rest of the beer garden. It is my guess that she sat there because she felt the need to be confrontational....she got her desire! SO....really I was merely satisfying her needs....I am considerate that way!

My guess was they just wanted a meal.

My guess is that Sentinel just wanted to smoke where he was able to.

Yeah...OK...run along and play with your dolly now. Theres a good girl.

My guess is that Sentinel just wanted to smoke where he was able to.

Define arrogance again for me....

Define arrogance again for me....
try google

Yeah...OK...run along and play with your dolly now. Theres a good girl.

Resort to insults and immediately you loose the arguement.