Dental Hospital wasting money?

Been refered by my dentist to Charles Clifford Dental Hospital for possible removal of some roots he could not do.

Already had two letters the same day with the same appointment on , then today had recorded messages sent on 8 seperate occasions to my mobile reminding me of my appointment. Who is paying for all the postage and phone calls, NHS?

shut up moaning its not costing you owt.

I think its the NHS, but I presume they pay in bulk for there postage?. Put it this way, if it means people keep there appiontments and don't forget, then its money well spent - compared to money that is lost when people don't turn up.

Just had yet another automated phone call, getting fed up with them now.

Must think i'm getting forgetfull in my old age!

Just had yet another automated phone call, getting fed up with them now.

Must think i'm getting forgetfull in my old age!

I think you have to confirm your appointment otherwise the system will keep on calling every few hours.

I think you have to confirm your appointment otherwise the system will keep on calling every few hours.

You do, but they have been having problems recently. Last week I was called about a Hallamshire appointment 8 times on my mobile during the day. As soon as the message had explained what the call was about, it cut to "sorry for disturbing you" and cut off before I had chance to say anything. Eventually I rang the switchboard who said they'd been getting "a lot" of complaints about it that day.

I work at the dental hospital. You don't have to have the automated reminder.If you don't want it then just let us know when you ring to make your appointment :thumbsup:

It's just that there clamping down on missed appointments. So if you forget to attend theres a chance you could be discharged back to your referrer.

the cost of missed appointments, especially if you are going to be treated by a team of people, is probably far more than the cost of a few letters and phone calls