Your Memories of Oughtibridge

And that IS the top of Stocksbridge, so I'm not sure why the expletive "No!!!!"

My o/h remembers meeting a bloke called Barney who he says looked like a japenese sniper and another bloke nicknamed Bluto he thought it was because he looked like bluto from popeye but he really has got a blue toe!!

I bought a new house in clough wood view in 1969,and built some gate posts with grind stones set in them and they are still there .I worked id that area most of my life,I used to go to the shoulder of mutton with Ken and Sylvia and knew Cyril at the travs.I used to be good friends with Harry Hill up jawbones hill and looked after his milking machine,I had many happy times in my 15 yrs there but looking at it now iwouldnt go back its not the place it was.

I bought a new house in clough wood view in 1969,and built some gate posts with grind stones set in them and they are still there .I worked id that area most of my life,I used to go to the shoulder of mutton with Ken and Sylvia and knew Cyril at the travs.I used to be good friends with Harry Hill up jawbones hill and looked after his milking machine,I had many happy times in my 15 yrs there but looking at it now iwouldnt go back its not the place it was.

I'm sure I must know you, when did you leave Clough Wood View?

It's still OK but there's far too many new comers that think they own the

place.

Oh Sorry. I know some people who live up there

Stonecliffe Drive

And that IS the top of Stocksbridge, so I'm not sure why the expletive "No!!!!"

just thought i would keep you guessing, Stonecliffe Drive

My o/h remembers meeting a bloke called Barney who he says looked like a japenese sniper and another bloke nicknamed Bluto he thought it was because he looked like bluto from popeye but he really has got a blue toe!!

Barney used to live next door to me, and Bluto has the caravan opposite to us in Skeg Vegas

hi jaffa1,I left in the early eighties,I was pretty well known in the area,I fixed a lot of cars around there,I also had a few motorbikes which i rode like a loony,the neighbours used to wait and see if id fall off on the sharp bend on clough wood view,they were very disappointed!

hi jaffa1,I left in the early eighties,I was pretty well known in the area,I fixed a lot of cars around there,I also had a few motorbikes which i rode like a loony,the neighbours used to wait and see if id fall off on the sharp bend on clough wood view,they were very disappointed!

OK , give us a clue . Which side of the road did you live on, the

odds or the even?

Barney used to live next door to me, and Bluto has the caravan opposite to us in Skeg Vegas

I know Barney but I'm recking my brain thinking who is Bluto?

jaffa1,theres only me who had bikes on clough wood,and its odds.

jaffa1,theres only me who had bikes on clough wood,and its odds.

Drove on there today to the mother-in-laws, I saw the stone grinding wheels

you spoke of. The people who maybe bought off you also had bikes, always

dress in black leather.

So as the neighbours got rid of one biker, they acquired another two.:hihi: