UNDATED 20P what do i do

LOOK AT THIS !!!

Whoever the seller is, has obviously got someone he/she knows to put this bid in... :hihi:

its actually illegal isnt it to deface a coin?

then to have the cheek to sell it

and some dosy git bid on it haha just double checked £56.00!!!!! oh dear!

the 20p are selling for £5,000+

at the moment

its actually illegal isnt it to deface a coin?

then to have the cheek to sell it

and some dosy git bid on it haha just double checked £56.00!!!!! oh dear!

I'm not sure, but I've heard it is if you deface the queens head on any coin/note..

Though, I've seen many a note with writing on it, and I've never heard of anyone getting into bother for doing it..

Putting this 20p saga all into context.

Coin collectors knew back at the start of the year about this error - the coins traded for about £30.

Then a newspaper gets hold of the story and the prices go through the roof - but the coin dealers are not getting involved - there are 200,000 affected coins approx. As coin collectors are willing to pay £30 for a coin they are not willing to pay up to £5k for a coin so widely issued. Notice Ebay now - prices have dropped to an average £150 per coin and will drop again. I feel they will go back to about the £30 mark. Coin dealers and collectors are laughing - they have sit back and watch all the hype. Some people are going to be a bit disappointed about their investment!!!

I'm not sure, but I've heard it is if you deface the queens head on any coin/note..

Though, I've seen many a note with writing on it, and I've never heard of anyone getting into bother for doing it..

It used to be illegal to deface coins and notes, but not any more. It's something to do with being able to check for fakes.

someone told me that they work with someone who had one and she put it on ebay and got £300 for it, then later they heard that they were going for £10,000. I dont know if its right but tell you what if it is em sold and go on holiday.

the genuine coin-collectors know how many of the things there are, and won't pay any more than they would for a similarly rare coin - ie. about fifty quid.

But how much will they be prepared to pay in, say, 25 years though?;)

give them to the childrens hospital and let them sell them on ebay etc youve only donated 40p but think what good they can do with the profit . much better than gift aid :)