Thieving from city centre fountain -Couldn't believe my eyes

I asked for a link because a brief Google search has been fruitless and there is no signs on the fountains to advise that they are effectively charity collection tins.

Is the money being stolen is it is abandoned? (as opposed to dropped whereby the theft by finding rule applies).

So you think that every fountain is a collection tin? I think you will find that it differs from fountain to fountain. There are a couple in my home town and the sign on the side says the money is kept by the council.

Any decent person would assume it is not theirs for the taking, as I said before you really think those people taking the money have done their research and looked into where the money goes? Of course not don't kid yourself.

Any decent person would assume it is not theirs for the taking, as I said before you really think those people taking the money have done their research and looked into where the money goes? Of course not don't kid yourself.

Would you not pick money up from a public place? Most people would.

But what would you do with money found 'in a public place'? Is not a fountain a public place ?

My lovely Mum would say that if no one is claiming it as theirs then put it in a charity box - but then my Mum is an honest woman...

I am far more disgusted by the money taken by the big banks during the 2007 financial crisis.

Those people taking change from a fountain are decent angels compared to the real criminal bankers who play much nastier games with money.

I am far more disgusted by the money taken by the big banks during the 2007 financial crisis.

Those people taking change from a fountain are decent angels compared to the real criminal bankers who play much nastier games with money.

With respect - this is a thread about people who thieve money out of fountains - they are

neither decent nor are they angels.They are thieving scrotes .

It should make no difference whether there is a sign there stating

that the money goes to charity or not - if you help yourself to something that doesn't belong to you then that is theft and you should be punished accordingly. If that means only that you are thrown in the said fountain by passers-by who have scruples then so be it.

Edited by Daven

Thanks for the back up daven,exactly what I said!

It appears that we are 2 of the few honest folk posting on this thread ! That saddens me.

Guest makapaka
It appears that we are 2 of the few honest folk posting on this thread ! That saddens me.

Or the only ones that begrudge people who are on their backsides getting a few coppers out of there.

It's arguably going to the homeless direct - cutting out the middle man.

Imagine how desperate you'd have to be to do that. It sad - not disgusting.

Or the only ones that begrudge people who are on their backsides getting a few coppers out of there.

It's arguably going to the homeless direct - cutting out the middle man.

Imagine how desperate you'd have to be to do that. It sad - not disgusting.

So they are homeless as well? Don't jump to conclusions, and if they were homeless there is systems in place to give them the basics.

Sometimes when i park at John Lewis i dont have any change so maybe i should just help myself to the money from the fountain.

No not if it was left for another purpose.

People leave alot of things in public, toys on graves, yellow bikes from the tour de france, yarn bombing etc. Keep yer paws off.

If there are two things us Brits love doing, its queueing and throwing money into water.