Thieving from city centre fountain -Couldn't believe my eyes

It's illegal to take a coin off the street and keep it... It's no less illegal if you take it from a fountain.

Not necessarily true. Someone may keep something like a coin as it would be very hard to track down the owner so that then is not an act of theft. It is also not necessary in this instance to notify the police for the same reasons in that it would be nigh on impossible to identify the original owner. It would only be theft by finding if the person who picked up the coin saw the person who dropped it and failed to give it back. If the property is abandoned then the same rule applies, technically this is abandoned money (not lost) as it was thrown away.

Totally different if a wad of notes or a wallet is found.

If someone steals my bike, they are entirely responsible for their behaviour. Not me. Surely even a child could understand this concept?

You throw money in the fountain, this is the root source beginning of the problem. As the money thrower you start the process of irresponsible behaviour with the unsafe keeping of money in an unsecure place.

Every child can understand this concept.

But it is only typical that mostly irresponsible people will blame the problem on the one who takes it from the fountain afterwards.

---------- Post added 28-07-2016 at 10:41 ----------

Ill put £2 in there today where I can still see it through the glass so I can see over time if it is still there.

Am I the idiot or the one who takes it?

Edited by dutch

Good grief, I can't believe how this argument has carried on! ...

You've been on SF over ten years and you're surprised that an argument about a handful of 10p's can span eight pages? :hihi: I'm surprised the page count isn't in double figures.

Edit: I'll throw some change in there just to watch her fish it back out again

Edited by dutch

It's only illegal to take the money if there is a sign indicating that the money is going to a particular recipient.

Who would the police go to for a statement of complaint?

It's only illegal to take the money if there is a sign indicating that the money is going to a particular recipient.

Who would the police go to for a statement of complaint?

exactly!! in fact next time i am in town i might just help my self and see what happens:hihi:

exactly!! in fact next time i am in town i might just help my self and see what happens:hihi:

I only know that because although I passed, that question cost me 2 points in my Military Police promotion exam!

Just remember to put on saxy bikini.

Especially if you are overweight and over hairy male over 40.

Now y'all cant get that image out of yer heads. Feel the pain.

Just remember to put on saxy bikini.

Especially if you are overweight and over hairy male over 40.

Now y'all cant get that image out of yer heads. Feel the pain.

have you been stalking me again:hihi::hihi: what colour bikini would be good?