Thieving from city centre fountain -Couldn't believe my eyes

My daughter just had a picture sent to her phone from a work colleague.it was taken outside the city hall where five men are in the fountains stealing all the money.She wasn't the only person taking pictures and no one said anything to them.Where are the police and are they aware of this happening?Would post pic but don't know how to.

Email the picture to Sheffield Star at [email protected]

They might be interested in it.

Or https://www.facebook.com/onlinesheffield/

This police will come if they are told about the crime - did your daughtes colleague telll the police ?,

The sad thing is that in this day and age someone feels desperate enough to plunder a few bob out of a decorative fountain. Perhaps the next time someone could direct the people to the Archer project at the cathedral, where they can get something to eat and possibly other help.

Just like to say that I was brought up with good morals and was taught that anything that didn't belong to you was not there for you to be taken.

It often happens when we get educated to be very good that watching something bad makes us feel very upset.

When I sweep our road that garbage does not belong to me either but yet I take it and do with it what I want.

Moral values can push you too hard to be good and become shocking. To stop the emotional conflict set a limit where you are and don't apply your values to others the way it has been done to you. Now they can do what they want and you watch it relaxed because this change taking is not inside you.

There was 4 lads in the pub I was in near the city hall last Sunday who saw a guy doing this. They went out to him and told him to stop as it was for charity and the guy told them to sod off, guess what they did? They threw him in!

There was 4 lads in the pub I was in near the city hall last Sunday who saw a guy doing this. They went out to him and told him to stop as it was for charity and the guy told them to sod off, guess what they did? They threw him in!

That's assault and uncalled for. Instead of "lads" they are bullies.

Good for them - they should be commended.

---------- Post added 21-07-2016 at 21:02 ----------

Weird how people are disgusted by the action of taking pennies out of a fountain, but not the fact that in 2016 we have people desperate enough to do so.

I also very much doubt the council goes to the trouble of scraping pennies out of fountains to send off to charity.

However desperate people think they are there is no excuse for theft - absolutely none.

---------- Post added 21-07-2016 at 21:06 ----------

Stealing it from whom, though? People have dumped it in the fountains. I don't think it's stealing any more than picking up a 50p you find on the street.

They are probably saving the maintenance workers trouble. How much will they get? A couple of quid? Not sure the police will care about that sort of money even it was technically theft.

By the way do you know this thread is 7 years old!

Stealing from those who the donors think they are giving to - I doubt this is some passing chancer who has no morals or conscience.

Edited by Daven

Good for them - they should be commended.

---------- Post added 21-07-2016 at 21:02 ----------

However desperate people think they are there is no excuse for theft - absolutely none.

---------- Post added 21-07-2016 at 21:06 ----------

Stealing from those who the donors think they are giving to - I doubt this is some passing chancer who has no morals or conscience.

Who do the "donors" think they are giving it to? People just throw coins into there for random reasons, kids for luck for example.

Why do you think people who commit assault should be commended?

Guest makapaka
Who do the "donors" think they are giving it to? People just throw coins into there for random reasons, kids for luck for example.

Why do you think people who commit assault should be commended?

Exactly mate.

I give my little un pennies to throw in there - I don't consider that I'm donating to anything - in fact I'm pleased someone gets something from what she's thrown in.

It's sad that people are willing to accept people getting agro but begrudge those same people taking a couple of quid out of a fountain.

---------- Post added 21-07-2016 at 22:15 ----------

No need to get arsy.

So you think it's acceptable this behaviour and yes I do now know this thread is old but as I am not a frequent visitor to the town centre I am just shocked as to how Certain people behave(and we all know who) and how everyone will stand by and let them!!!

Aye - we should all gather together to prevent skint people scraping their way through life by picking pennies out of a fountain. Give over.

Edited by makapaka

Can't believe anyone would think it worthwhile to report people collecting a few pennies from the fountain, especially in a week where fraud is now the most reported crime, happened to me!

The council drain the fountain every year for maintenance and give the coins to charity.

I think everyone knows that its not acceptable to help yourself.

Its generally a kids thing to make a wish, what gives anyone the right to just help themselves.

Edited by SkylinePhoto

I didnt realise the money in those fountains went to charity!

Is there a notice then that states which charities the money goes to?