Thieving from city centre fountain -Couldn't believe my eyes

sounds like they should throw more money in - good way of getting the great unwashed of sheffield to "have a wash whilst getting the dosh" :)

Don't knock it, mate, you could be asked to drink a few London beers, and believe me, I know from past experience!!! Curse that weasel!!

Oh I dunno. Last time I was in Soho I had some fine ales - sampled the entire Fuller's range in fact, in The Ship on Wardour Street.

Edited by Yog Sothoth

I came past the fountains last Saturday around 6.30pm and noticed lots of foam etc overflowing from one of them.

Perhaps one of the local tramps decided to have a bath whilst at the same time pinching some money for the next bottle of white lightning.

Cheers

My daughter just had a picture sent to her phone from a work colleague.it was taken outside the city hall where five men are in the fountains stealing all the money.She wasn't the only person taking pictures and no one said anything to them.Where are the police and are they aware of this happening?Would post pic but don't know how to.

My daughter just had a picture sent to her phone from a work colleague.it was taken outside the city hall where five men are in the fountains stealing all the money.She wasn't the only person taking pictures and no one said anything to them.Where are the police and are they aware of this happening?Would post pic but don't know how to.

Stealing it from whom, though? People have dumped it in the fountains. I don't think it's stealing any more than picking up a 50p you find on the street.

They are probably saving the maintenance workers trouble. How much will they get? A couple of quid? Not sure the police will care about that sort of money even it was technically theft.

By the way do you know this thread is 7 years old!

Guest makapaka

Weird how people are disgusted by the action of taking pennies out of a fountain, but not the fact that in 2016 we have people desperate enough to do so.

I also very much doubt the council goes to the trouble of scraping pennies out of fountains to send off to charity.

No need to get arsy.

So you think it's acceptable this behaviour and yes I do now know this thread is old but as I am not a frequent visitor to the town centre I am just shocked as to how Certain people behave(and we all know who) and how everyone will stand by and let them!!!

No need to get arsy.

So you think it's acceptable this behaviour and yes I do now know this thread is old but as I am not a frequent visitor to the town centre I am just shocked as to how Certain people behave(and we all know who) and how everyone will stand by and let them!!!

The fountains are not a charity box and neither are they a bathing pool. Money and people fooling around in the fountains are what costs the Council and us in maintenance. The coins are a free for all, simple.

Just like to say that I was brought up with good morals and was taught that anything that didn't belong to you was not there for you to be taken.

... I am just shocked as to how Certain people behave(and we all know who) ...

Go on, tell us who. You know you want to.

Just like to say that I was brought up with good morals and was taught that anything that didn't belong to you was not there for you to be taken.

Well, that's fine as the money belongs to nobody!

The money belongs to the deity / spirit / being dishing out the wishes. :)