Thieving from city centre fountain -Couldn't believe my eyes

so if the fountains were full of coke the money would all come out shiny and would just need rinsing off..

Originally Posted by probedb

Why do people throw stuff into any old fountain anyways?

Because they are morons.

It's a throwback to when our Celtic, pre-Christian forefathers made offerings (sacrifices) in wells, lakes and marshes to appease and honour their gods.

I've no doubt the River Don received many tributes 2 -3 thousand years ago and the preceding millenia. These old beliefs have been 'watered down' but live on in folk memory..... we do it to bring luck but have forgotten the gods who were the actual bearers of good luck and good fortune (or bad!)

Your kidding me. I normally wait until 3 days before giro day to empty it. Normally getting in the region of £23 which gets me one of each, 20 smokes and a bottle of Frosty.

Thieving bloody bar stewards. That was my money that!!!

Maybe there'll be enough for a bottle of Frosty still.

Now I have to go to the botanical gardens and Chatworth house. Am not happy :(

so if the fountains were full of coke the money would all come out shiny and would just need rinsing off..

or cillit bang!

Is anyone available to answer this, money is also thrown into the Peace Garden Fountains

Does it go to charity?

It should do.

It will be cleaned out by the council (or some subsidiary part thereof) every so often, and the money donated to some charity or other. It won't be an official charity collection, so there's probably no way of knowing who will benefit from your shiny penny. :)

Very true. I drink real ale and when I urinate the barman at my local collects it and resells it under the name "Stella".

I drink real ale too Basil. The barman at my local collects it and resells it as Stones's bitter.

The changing speed of your dancing pussy never ceases to fascinate me (RIP Molly Sugden).

I drink real ale too Basil. The barman at my local collects it and resells it as Stones's bitter.

The changing speed of your dancing pussy never ceases to fascinate me (RIP Molly Sugden).

Don't knock it, mate, you could be asked to drink a few London beers, and believe me, I know from past experience!!! Curse that weasel!!

we ship so many scroungers in now it could be any body??

choice's choice's

Thieving bloody bar stewards. That was my money that!!!

Maybe there'll be enough for a bottle of Frosty still.

Now I have to go to the botanical gardens and Chatworth house. Am not happy :(

Keep away fom the waterfall in the middle of the escalator in Meadowhall, Thats my pitch, always a few quid in there.

They get you so quick if you drop litter or smoke and are so pleased to fine you but where are they when the thieves are about???

If you couldn't believe your eyes I can only presume that you have led a very sheltered life and not seen that much!! There are far worse things going on than a few unfortunate people trying to get by!!

They get you so quick if you drop litter or smoke and are so pleased to fine you but where are they when the thieves are about???

Ah, well, any fags left in the fountain are soggy, and very hard to light.