Camp site info & help required

There is a group of us going on our first camping trip this weekend. we have never been camping before, trouble is my boyfriend wants to stay on a camp site and my friends boyfriend doesnt!

so we are having to compromise and try to find a camp site that is not busy (full of famailies etc) we want to be about an hour or so from sheffield. we dont want to be stuck in a field with loads of other people.

also we want to light a fire, be able to play music etc. must be near to somewhere we can explore like woods, rivers etc as we want to go walking in the day time.

can anyone help?? thanks :)

I'm a keen camper and I'm afraid what you are asking is just about impossible, I don't know of any campsite that will let you light a fire! And playing music well yes but not late at night and certainly not around a camp fire!

Sites are organised and efficient businesses these days and yes regulated too so while you will find fairly peaceful ones and many adult only sites you won't get the other bits. Wild camping isn't encouraged anymore and in many places is illegal, you might just find a field in Derbyshire with a farmer okay about you camping there, but you are talking no facilities and yup we are in the does a bear sh*t in the woods area here!

Best of luck but I think you may have to compromise some more!

he will have to compromise on the fire thing i guess, its only 1 person thats being difficult about it. just dont want to be stuck somewhere with loads of kids!!!!

do you know any more quieter campsites?

he will have to compromise on the fire thing i guess, its only 1 person thats being difficult about it. just dont want to be stuck somewhere with loads of kids!!!!

do you know any more quieter campsites?

Yes we are well blessed with them around here both North Yorks and Derbyshire are easily within range http://www.ukcampsite.co.uk/ try there and you will find loads of places and useful reviews by people who have been.

There are some good sites Matlock way, I'm thinking you are talking tents here wheras I use a van but the UK campsite site finder caters for both and lets you know which are quiet or adult only. HTH

Oh and meant to say book asap, camping has taken off with the whole staycation thing grrr!