Reccomendations for GP surgery S8 catchment

Hello!

I'm just trying to find out a bit more about doctor's surgeries in the S8 catchment area, there are loads taking on new patients but I don't know what any of them are like, preference would be for it to be towards Woodseats way rather than Ecclesall Rd way.

In particular, does anyone know anything about Woodseats Medical Centre or Carterknowle & Dore Medical Practice?

I'd be really grateful for any recommendations anyone can give.

Thanks.

Edited by kitkatmoo
spelling mistake

I used to go to Abbeylane Surgery just off Chesterfield Road. Was very good there and the receptionists were always really hepful.

I'd recommend them, but then I don't know anything about the others

Hello!

I'm just trying to find out a bit more about doctor's surgeries in the S8 catchment area, there are loads taking on new patients but I don't know what any of them are like, preference would be for it to be towards Woodseats way rather than Ecclesall Rd way.

In particular, does anyone know anything about Woodseats Medical Centre or Carterknowle & Dore Medical Practice?

Thanks.

I'm a patient at Woodseats Medical Centre.

Quite easy to obtain an appointment. Reception staff friendly and helpful, Dr's helpful, understanding and very patient. Quick to refer on when neceserry.

I'd recomend them.

I'll second that one! Been with Woodseats Med Centre for ages, they're really good, especially since I'm getting to that age where things go wrong with monotonous regularity, and one or two bits have started to fall off. Never had a second's problem.

woodseats medical centre are very good, been with them years and no complaints!:)

My family have been patients of the Carterknowle and Dore Surgery for four generations!! I don't suppose many can say that!!! I have seen many changes over the years as you will imagine, but have always been well satisfied with the care/treatment received.

Glad you posted this Kitkatmoo, as I'm looking for the same thing! Whereabouts is Woodseats medical centre - which road is it on?

Thanks,

A x

Hello!

Thanks.

We used to be at Woodseats Medical Centre. To be honest i wish we could move back. They where always professional and helpful.

We moved to S6 and are in the process of moving from a practice we have no faith in at all.

Glad you posted this Kitkatmoo, as I'm looking for the same thing! Whereabouts is Woodseats medical centre - which road is it on?

Thanks,

A x

bottom of cobnar rd(as it meets chesterfield rd)

Thanks, will pop in to register when I've moved.

Thanks everyone for good responses, we will check out Woodseats med centre & poss Carterknowle as well tomorrow. And sorry Aqua for not replying re: where it is, haven't been logged in, glad someone else covered it for you.

Thanks again everyone :D

Hello!

Thanks.

This practice let my husband turn yellow from head to toe , and said come back for blood tests on Monday , (this was friday) My boss who is doctor took one look at Dave and took us to the hallamshire where they had to do a emergency operation that day! or Dave would have died , his gall bladder was 6 times larger than it should have been , He was very lucky it didn't burst, it most certainly would have if it had been left , since them both my husband and my bosses family have left the practice , Dave is now at woodseats medical centre where we have both been very happy, I have been at this practice since i was 15 ! except when I lived in wakefield for 8 years.