Y6 leavers what's your school doing to say goodbye

yes the y6 at my daughters school are having a awards/disco night tommorow they have also made a dvd with memories and photos from reception to y6 all pupils will recieve a copy along with a leaving certificate and a small item for them to keep,they have also had cinema trip crucial crew and afternoons out, so they have had quite a few things

That sounds like really good fun - the DVD sounds a great idea.

That sounds like really good fun - the DVD sounds a great idea.

it is they have all took in photos, acted out kiss catch and spoke of the friends they made the high n low points of primary then all join together at the end to sing a song, cant wait to see it but prob be a few tears to lo

The kids ahve loved all of the activities etc, it's going to be a very emotional last few days i think!

The kids ahve loved all of the activities etc, it's going to be a very emotional last few days i think!

For the kids and for you too !

For the kids and for you too !

no we have ours friday night lol

i thought this was a thread about Y6 end of school parties?

Back to the original question!

Year 6 are doing an end of year production as they didn't do an xmas

show, went tonight and it was excellent:D

They are having a leaving disco on Thursday night:)

As a newbie- I have loitered around and read threads but this is this first time I have posted- this is really getting off the point completely.

Yes everyone is entitled to their opinions but this is turning into a slanging match. The point of the thread is what schools are doing for the leavers. As far as I can read noone is bullying anybody else, heckles are just rising and people are taking the bait. This is detracting from the hard work of schools who are saying goodbye in a positive way.

What with sportsday, performances, proms (disco's in my day!) and leavers assemblies I am worn out.:hihi:

Well, Good Luck to all the Y6's on their new starts in September....XXX

I've just come away from my sons Leavers Assembley at our local church. Its been a very emotional afternoon for staff , parents and pupils. Every member of their class contributed and they conducted the whole service by themselves apart from the presentation by the Head and Class teacher.

At the end of the service all current Year 5 pupils made an arch for the leavers to walk through while Heather Smalls "What have you done today" played in the background.

Not a dry eye in the house lol .

A lovely way to end their time at primary school.

Mod note

This thread has been extensively pruned of off topic bickering. If you wish to continue with that particular argument, then please use the PM facility. Now, back on topic ...... :)

Nothing like Mod for killing an interesting cyber scrap. I contributed earlier as I had something to say on the subject. I am also new to SF and was surprised at how passionate people can be. I named my child's school as I was proud of what they were doing. I'd love it if those that weren't so proud would name their schools, bit of a name and shame thingy. Don't think there would be anything to worry about legally. Let's not hide behind a keyboard!!:hihi:

my son came back tonight full of himself, he had a great time! I too named my sons school for the same reason as cream bun. I think all the kids did themselves proud at the leavers assembly (Lydgates Got Talent) and at the prom night. Now they are all looking forward to meeting up again at at Tapton.