Y6 leavers what's your school doing to say goodbye

My son leaves Y6 on Friday and they are having a leavers assembly for parents and family members, apart from them singing a leavers song and signing sweatshirts I don't think anything is taking place.

I had an 80s disco for mine 10years ago

At greenhill school. Was fun. Had to dress up too : )

Sounds like schools are going down hill

I had an 80s disco for mine 10years ago

At greenhill school. Was fun. Had to dress up too : )

Sounds like schools are going down hill

at my sons school he will be leaving next year they have a leavers play and a disco where some of the teachers come its brill my daughter went last year .

My son went to a Y6 leavers ball at Wisewood Church. Lots of Y6ers came together for food games and a disco from all the local primaries. About 100 children went and had a blast.

It was great for them to all mix and get to know each other.

Thank goodness its not just mine then.

Things have really gone downhill in the past few years , when my others left they had discos and trips to the ski village and allsorts, the final week was just one big party-- seems they cant wait to get rid of them these days.

I must confess I cant wait for friday, primary school has been a nightmare and really looking forward to a new start in september.

My son attends Sacred Heart in Hillsborough. The Y6's have just done a superb version of The Lion King. This week they will be having a 'Leavers Mass' (It's a Catholic School). and a BBQ exclusively for the Y6's. The Y6's were also encouraged to attend the Y6 'Moving on Ball' at Wisewood Church last week, quite a few attended and had a great time.

Can't grumble at that, it is a School after all, not a youth club!

My son attends Sacred Heart in Hillsborough. The Y6's have just done a superb version of The Lion King. This week they will be having a 'Leavers Mass' (It's a Catholic School). and a BBQ exclusively for the Y6's. The Y6's were also encouraged to attend the Y6 'Moving on Ball' at Wisewood Church last week, quite a few attended and had a great time.

Can't grumble at that, it is a School after all, not a youth club!

Well no its not a youth club obviously but that sounds more like it -at least your school is doing something!

My sons school are allowing the y6's to take in gameboys , psp's etc on the last day ..not very original :(

I wouldnt mind but theyre not even allowed to sign shirts etc

On a brighter note at least hes going to a brilliant secondary school which is really caring and has an excellent reputation roll on september .

My son attends Sacred Heart in Hillsborough. The Y6's have just done a superb version of The Lion King

Wow that sounds impressive ..bet that cost them a small fortune for the performing rights royalties!!

Well just discovered my daughters doing an "Award Ceremony" FOR THE TEACHERS!! Formal dress, got to find a prom dress now for Thursday!! Not Impressed at all. Losing all respect for this school anyway, this is nail in coffin.

i thought this was a thread about Y6 end of school parties?

i thought this was a thread about Y6 end of school parties?

yes the y6 at my daughters school are having a awards/disco night tommorow they have also made a dvd with memories and photos from reception to y6 all pupils will recieve a copy along with a leaving certificate and a small item for them to keep,they have also had cinema trip crucial crew and afternoons out, so they have had quite a few things