Y6 leavers what's your school doing to say goodbye

My youngest leaves y6 this week to move to secondary in september .

compared to when my others left the school they dont seem to be making as much of a fuss about it.

Just wondered what other schools are doing for the leavers Ive heard of some having disco's, going bowling etc.

wow and I thought my sons school were bad I guess hes lucky there having there games day then?

Westways have a few things going on: on Saturday, there was a picnic and pool party in Hathersage (organised by parents - thanks Susan, Mandy, Alistair), with maybe two-thirds of kids there; next week there is a 'Last Day' breakfast organised by staff and parents and finally, there is a Yearbook,with lot of pages for messages. The kids (and probably a few parents) will no doubt finish with an impromptu tear-fest in the play-ground...

Hartley Brook School are not doing anything, except letting kids write on each others tshirts and a little kids disco. You would think that an important stage like this in a childs life schools would make it an occassion.

Don't remember doing anything except a few games when I left

My son is having a prom at the octagon centre...personally i prefered the 50p entrance fee to the leavers disco as apose the 15 quid ticket price and cost of a suite, but hes really looking forward to it, thats all that counts (GGGGRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR)

all what we had when it was our year 6s leavers do , was class partys.

my step lad starts comp in sept hes had 3 days there already just so he can get used to it, thats what they do now

we got nothing when I left 5 years ago, not a disco, leavers assembly or anything. We weren't even allowed to sign each other's shirts until school had finished at 3.20!

Lydgate are having a talent show in the daytime, which he is compering and a prom night in the evening. they've gotta pay a fiver to get into their own school! lol, but he's really looking forward to it "cos he's takin' a bird"

they shud have a big party with jelly and ice cream

After the big production last week, they have a special mass and BBQ this week, plus leaving assembly.:hihi: