Script writing tips.

While we are on the subject of script writing (who’s talking about script writing) I am, so stop butting in.

Anyway, if you are thinking of writing a humorous script, then always take a tip from the experts, in my opinion the founders of British comedy...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LtcmewIJU2U&feature=related

I went to the BBC scriptwriter's presentation last month, if anyone wants to hear the pertinent points?

I went to the BBC scriptwriter's presentation last month, if anyone wants to hear the pertinent points?

Yes, I certainly would.

Even though my wife and daughter are members of our local operatic society I had never read a script, let alone wrote one, so I wouldn’t know where to start.

Any info would be appreciated.

I'll post up a write up when I get home in a few days.

It was VERY informative.

The (then) BBC Director of Comedy personally asked me to write a script after I submitted one for an existing TV show years ago. I couldn't (and still haven't) thought of a new idea.

Good ideas are hard to come by...

Good ideas are hard to come by...

There's one idea right under your nose (figuratively speaking).

Edited by Hopman

I'd be really interested to hear what was said. Ideas aren't my problem, it's a bit of time and discipline to get a script written and any tips would be welcome.

I just want to add that ideas are fairly easy, but GOOD ideas (or even better, great ideas), are hard.

Example: my novel, 31, was rejected by my publisher. They said the ending was too slow and lacking in any real climax. I tried to explain that it was a slow inwardly looking novel and didn't need an ending, but they said: no 'Hollywood' ending, no book.

So, while I can think of a hundred endings, finding a great ending is really tough.