Owls or Blades- Kept Naughton or sold and be given your s/t money back

Let me state something before I ask the question.

This is not a dig at any club, it is in direct response to a thread by a United fan in which he claims United aren’t doing enough for their fans.

It is open to both sets of fans, for Wednesday fans let’s assume one of our players is worth this much.

I believe this lad looks one hell of a player, I also think you have one who will replace him.

The reported £8 million would pay for a Season Ticket for every supporter at the lane and at Hillsborough we’d probably have a couple of million left over.

So would you rather have kept him and paid your normal Season Ticket rate, or let him go and have your money refunded.

The purpose of the thread is to try and gauge opinion with a bit of perspective to it.

I'd let him go and have a free season of football, what about others?

im with you , id prefer a season of free football ,which could be seen as a gesture of goodwill form the club .

obviousy if a club recieve that kind of fee for a player that cost them nothing ,coupled with an extra income they are recieving in installments from another club ,could be seen as mean spirited ,detatched from the fans and ungrateful for their continued backing if they didnt implement such a scheme as a thank you to the fans.

How has it cost them nothing though, if this lad is worth 6 million at 21 how much will he be worth in his prime say aged between 24 and 26, 20 to 30 million quid, based on his first transfer.

Kyle Naughton if he goes for that price as a wing back will be in the Roberto Carlos mould when he moved to Italy from Brazil.

He's got a lot to live up to now.

It sound's crazy comparing him to such a fantastic player but his fee will follow him around, as top class full back's are few and far between

Come on guys ,it's getting a bit intense.Why don't we chill to a bit of family friendly vibes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZwJEY0iZCY0

Shucks I though it was going to be another humorous clip not a song nearly as old as me. :roll:

Edited by Grandad.Malky

I think you have been watching too many adverts :hihi:

My little'un loves that barclaycard advert and so do I.

So would you rather have kept him and paid your normal Season Ticket rate, or let him go and have your money refunded.

The purpose of the thread is to try and gauge opinion with a bit of perspective to it.

I'd let him go and have a free season of football, what about others?

i would rather keep him and watch him play for united. but no one should make a player stay if he wants to be else where. you are willing to play an unhappy toogay next season instead of letting him better himself at burnley.

money is not an issue i dont mind putting my hard earnt into the club i love. you seem to have a problem with it and just rattle on and on about tkt prices if it bothers you dont go to the sty and play golf instead.

My little'un loves that barclaycard advert and so do I.

I do too was joking m8, the adverts are actually better than most of the programmes these day's.

I might use that link to one of my youtube vid's, it's always a bonus to know the name of a song lol.

i would rather keep him and watch him play for united. but no one should make a player stay if he wants to be else where. you are willing to play an unhappy toogay next season instead of letting him better himself at burnley.

money is not an issue i dont mind putting my hard earnt into the club i love. you seem to have a problem with it and just rattle on and on about tkt prices if it bothers you dont go to the sty and play golf instead.

Well said that man :clap::clap:

I wondered what he was prattling on about I figured it was either our tkt prices or , or , errr he don't post about anything else does he

I do too was joking m8, the adverts are actually better than most of the programmes these day's.

I might use that link to one of my youtube vid's, it's always a bonus to know the name of a song lol.

Fair do's Corker,I'm a cantankerous forumer at times but I don't mind a bit of rappor with a decent Wednesday fan like youself.

I respect your opinion, hope you will respect others who will look at this question objectively and reach the conclusion that having a full season of going to watch their team play would be better than paying lots of money out in order to keep one very good promisng player at the club.

BTW it is possible to play golf and go to football!